Register Now
Patrik

How do you avoid spoilers

Once there's game i'm willing to play, i try to avoid spoilers as much as i can, but youtubers seem to be destroying this effort for me by using spoilers as titles for their videos (i don't know if that's on purpose or not), titles like : "Johnny doesn't immediately die in GTA V!", same goes to pricks in social media that either does it on purpose or not.

How do you personally avoid them?

I know what you mean; I try to avoid looking up game videos that I'm currently playing cause the bastards do have spoilers in the titles. I take a quick glance at the video pic that randomly pops up, and if it's a game I'm playing I refuse to read titles. Be careful if you are looking up a game song, or puzzle cheat, or anything cause you don't know what will pop up.  

Typically, since the games I play are decades old (with a handful of exceptions) there's not a lot to spoil anymore. Sure I'm slowly starting to get into the modern era of gaming with RDR2. But with that exception, I'm still exclusively a classic gamer. NES beats PS4 everytime, hands down.

I usually don't even watch trailers for games, after I decided to play them.

Unfortunately sometimes even that isn't enough. Like in the case of  TLOU2 where I managed to avoid the spoiler itself, but seeing some of the reactions was enough to infer the gist of it.