Register Now
killamch89

Christian Eriksen Collapses At Euro 2021 And Almost Dies

It turned out to be a heart attack and had it not been for the quick intervention of his teammates giving him CPR and the quick response of the medical team on hand, he certainly would have died. It was a surreal moment in the entire Euros tournament and seeing it live shocked a lot of people. On a more positive note, he's doing fine and is in stable condition in the hospital. What did you think of this whole event?

Christian Eriksen has suffered cardiac arrest, says team doctor. Been on the new all day, in fact on BBC news they did a 30mins report on him and removed other news. Just shocked that this guy and sports are so important 

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Christian Eriksen has suffered cardiac arrest, says team doctor. Been on the new all day, in fact on BBC news they did a 30mins report on him and removed other news. Just shocked that this guy and sports are so important 

I mean most people are tuned in to the Euros so it was a huge talking point and networks tend to cater to the audience and they love to focus on gripping events.

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'd never call anyone who goes through something like this as "lucky", but tragically similar things have happened before, like Marc-Vivien Foé, and have usually been fatal. Glad to hear that he's OK

Same here - even if he used to play for a rival team, I don't want them to die like that. Plus he's a pretty down to earth person - I did meet him in person a couple of times and it was pretty fun.

Kjaer, C. Erikson's Danish teammate is the real savior in the tussle that almost took the life of Erikson. He's the one that saw the incident quicker called for the attention of the medics, that's why UEFA rewarded him handsomely for the quick life support given to Erikson. 

On 10/7/2021 at 11:59 AM, Justin11 said:

Kjaer, C. Erikson's Danish teammate is the real savior in the tussle that almost took the life of Erikson. He's the one that saw the incident quicker called for the attention of the medics, that's why UEFA rewarded him handsomely for the quick life support given to Erikson. 

Yeah - it was such a surreal moment during the tournament. The way he just collapsed...I was like wow! He looks totally out of it...

On 10/9/2021 at 4:57 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - it was such a surreal moment during the tournament. The way he just collapsed...I was like wow! He looks totally out of it...

I was surprised too, the slump was shocking, everyone watching that day was shocked because the moment was a shocker. 

It was crazy to follow this when it happened because it was scary. It must have been awful for his teammates and family to have to go through at the stadium. It was great to hear soon after that he was fine though. It's a shame that it probably ended his career early 😞

9 hours ago, Darth said:

It was crazy to follow this when it happened because it was scary. It must have been awful for his teammates and family to have to go through at the stadium. It was great to hear soon after that he was fine though. It's a shame that it probably ended his career early 😞

He's not retired as yet as he's currently at Inter undergoing test to see if he can play again. It's in the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/news/christian-eriksen-returns-to-inter-milan-for-first-time-since-cardiac-arrest/adce2ZV7Xn9w

It's great to see him playing again and it's actually wonderful to see that he's actually playing really well to. He has been great for Brentford so far which was quite unfortunate for Chelsea, the team that I support, since he helped the team beat us.