Register Now
realgamez

Games budgets are out of whack

A couple of decades ago, games were made on shoestring budget which allowed new gaming IP’s to be created as if a game did not commercially successful, it would not be a massive loss to the game development studio. 

The large budgets have led to games that are more like movies than a game, with gameplay coming second and that will give people fewer reasons to buy new games.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, JennyorAlice said:

It's not just the cost of making the game but they spend tons of money to advertise that game as well (at least the big name games anyway).  The more they advertise it the more money that are spending on top of what it costs to make the game.

that pretty much goes to anything, got to pay for the staff, the advertising, licensing fees, disc making, transit, and so much more.

10 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

that pretty much goes to anything, got to pay for the staff, the advertising, licensing fees, disc making, transit, and so much more.

I agree.  I just wonder how much it will cost to play games in the future.  I remember playing games that cost $20.  Now, games cost $50 to $60 a pop.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:26 AM, Demon_skeith said:

yeah its costing high thousands if not millions these days to make high grade to AAA based games. It's just simply too crazy really and I don't know if they fully get their money back on a lot of them.

Exactly - it's actually one of the reasons why they are trying to kill us with their unending use of microtransactions in almost all the games they make.