Register Now
killamch89

What skill or talent would you most like to learn?

If it's something I'm currently trying to learn then it's a tie between 3 things. Spanish, guitar, and contact juggling.

If it's something that would be completely new, then it would be video editing. Like having my image in the corner like other YouTubers do, or taking clips from movies and TV shows to critique. Things like that.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If it's something I'm currently trying to learn then it's a tie between 3 things. Spanish, guitar, and contact juggling.

If it's something that would be completely new, then it would be video editing. Like having my image in the corner like other YouTubers do, or taking clips from movies and TV shows to critique. Things like that.

If I'm not mistaken, that's some kind of screen sharing feature. Video editing does take some time but with practice you'll develop your own unique style after a while. What kind of software are you planning to use for editing your videos?

So far they're just narration over video of the gameplay. PS4 doesn't do any record sessions more than an hour long unfortunately, so I'll have to figure out a way to combine multiple "clips" if I want to upload something that is going to take longer than an hour.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

So far they're just narration over video of the gameplay. PS4 doesn't do any record sessions more than an hour long unfortunately, so I'll have to figure out a way to combine multiple "clips" if I want to upload something that is going to take longer than an hour.

You can start here and then edit the video before uploading it. 

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

OK, I'm playing with OBS right now, but I have one question. My PS4 and computer are on different (channels? frequencies?) on the TV that I use as a monitor. How would I link all that together?

To be honest, I haven't done much work in regards to consoles but I did find this video.

I want to play the guitar. I have one but don't know how to play. I used to be a drummer in school and private lessons. But the whole drum set doesn't compare to hand drums. I have a set of congos but never had any lessons. But I'll tell ya, when I beat on them drums, Adrenaline comes rushing. Another life...another life outside of red alert texas and I could have been somebody. But I feel everything I did; every drawing, every sports competition, every fucking thing I did was blocked in the white world because of racism. I was a gymnast as a kid in Las Vegas. I traveled a lot for competitions. I remember doing a perfect routine and got a low score. My mom got up and left the stands because she was insulted too. All white judges and being the only Hispanic on the team; yeah, just another fuck you to me as a kid. I didn't understand then. But I do now. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

Being able to think, learn, process, memorize (in both my short term and long term memory), retain, and recall massive amounts of knowledge and information be it mathematical, scientific, engineering, technological, historical, political, strategy, planning, tactics, tracking, behavior/psychology etc. instantaneously.

I would love to learn to play piano. I tried a few times on my own but my brain has a difficult time looking at two notes at the same time on different staffs and then convincing my fingers to play them. I play the flute so I know how to read music and I am good with picking up fingerings. It's just the multiple notes give me a headache.

4 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I would love to learn to play piano. I tried a few times on my own but my brain has a difficult time looking at two notes at the same time on different staffs and then convincing my fingers to play them. I play the flute so I know how to read music and I am good with picking up fingerings. It's just the multiple notes give me a headache.

My dad used to play the piano as a musician (well he still does just not for money anymore) and for me, it's not that difficult to learn. It's just that I'm more into learning how to play a guitar.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My dad used to play the piano as a musician (well he still does just not for money anymore) and for me, it's not that difficult to learn. It's just that I'm more into learning how to play a guitar.

Guitar isn't so difficult! It's actually easy once you learn the basic chords. My daughter took a few months of lessons and really excelled at it and started to teach me before she went away to college. Which type of guitar are you most interested in? Folk, electric, bass...?