Register Now
killamch89

How into tech are you? Why?

I'd say I am somewhat very invested in new technology simply because I'm always excited to see how far they can go. I don't always own the latest tech but I'm usually very aware of what new tech products are on the market especially innovative ones. How into tech are you? Why?

I try and keep myself updated with lastest new tech and whatnot but at times it's not as easy trying to read everything at once, it's all the time when something is new or updated. End of the day tech is not cheap and I just think to myself why look into itwhen I can't even afford it or can't even get new GPU as they are always out of stock. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

I try and keep myself updated with lastest new tech and whatnot but at times it's not as easy trying to read everything at once, it's all the time when something is new or updated. End of the day tech is not cheap and I just think to myself why look into itwhen I can't even afford it or can't even get new GPU as they are always out of stock. 

I mean I do set money aside for what I want but tech really has become extremely expensive - so many $1000 devices and the worst part is, some of them aren't huge upgrades on their predecessors.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Not very.I don't keep up with tech much at all these days. My computer is probably the most technologically advacned thing I own, and I don't even know the specs on it.

That's totally fine.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I mean I do set money aside for what I want but tech really has become extremely expensive - so many $1000 devices and the worst part is, some of them aren't huge upgrades on their predecessors.

I do too and then end of that find out thaat it's not enought or it's just not there 😛 under $1000 for a full PC was good, nowdays it's $1900 for a low end PC as a starting point. 

12 hours ago, Empire said:

I do too and then end of that find out thaat it's not enought or it's just not there 😛 under $1000 for a full PC was good, nowdays it's $1900 for a low end PC as a starting point. 

Well $1900 can get you a decent pre-built machine nowadays but trying to buy the parts separately? You'll likely get scalped for everything unless you have a deal tracker and you have to be extremely quick too.

I was all about tech between 2000-2010. I'm still much more aware of it than the average person, but don't follow every small detail and every field anymore. Only ones that are relevant to me.