Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?

I would give up bathing. I have a condition that causes my body to overproduce a certain chemical, and that causes it to produce a foul odor. I take medication for it, and put deodorant on my entire body on top of bathing, but it doesn't help much. So I would give up the bathing as a test, and see if there's any significant difference in the odor.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would give up bathing. I have a condition that causes my body to overproduce a certain chemical, and that causes it to produce a foul odor. I take medication for it, and put deodorant on my entire body on top of bathing, but it doesn't help much. So I would give up the bathing as a test, and see if there's any significant difference in the odor.

Have you ever tried something called colloidal silver? It's a powerful antibiotic that was popular in medicine for centuries. It helps to build red blood cells and also helps to repair/ disinfect any open wounds. I used it on my dog when she had gotten lyme disease when she was younger and she was okay in a couple of days.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm deathly allergic to silver.

Honestly it'd be hard to explain but it's not quite like the metallic silver we know and it doesn't trigger any allergies (unless we count the drastic boost to the immune system which can cause you sneeze a bit at times). To be honest, I'm also allergic to silver metals (I think I could be a vampire) but colloidal silver is the only compound that hasn't triggered mine.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly it'd be hard to explain but it's not quite like the metallic silver we know and it doesn't trigger any allergies (unless we count the drastic boost to the immune system which can cause you sneeze a bit at times). To be honest, I'm also allergic to silver metals (I think I could be a vampire) but colloidal silver is the only compound that hasn't triggered mine.

Joking or serious? If serious, are you thinking Pureblood, halfblood, or barcai? Also what house?

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Joking or serious? If serious, are you thinking Pureblood, halfblood, or barcai? Also what house?

I'm joking - I just always had a bad allergy towards silver jewelry and that's why I don't wear it.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:29 AM, Empire said:

I have to use the internet for my job. If it weren't for that, I'd rather give up the internet. Assuming showers are included in bathing, can I get away with sponge baths?

That's what I was thinking too! After I had surgery years ago, I was in the hospital for a week and couldn't bathe but they allowed me to clean up using cleansing cloths. I still reeked! If I wasn't active I could probably go without bathing for a month but wow, I'd be rubbing some type of scent all over to mask the smell.

On 7/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Lämmchen said:

That's what I was thinking too! After I had surgery years ago, I was in the hospital for a week and couldn't bathe but they allowed me to clean up using cleansing cloths. I still reeked! If I wasn't active I could probably go without bathing for a month but wow, I'd be rubbing some type of scent all over to mask the smell.

Or you could just stand in the rain when it's falling - you know that's technically not your fault if you got wet somehow.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Or you could just stand in the rain when it's falling - you know that's technically not your fault if you got wet somehow.

Depends on where you live! I used to live where there were steel mills and the rain that fell was so polluted your car got covered in some weird coating. I wouldn't want that on my body. I'm glad more regulations have been put out to protect the environment since I was little.

10 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

Depends on where you live! I used to live where there were steel mills and the rain that fell was so polluted your car got covered in some weird coating. I wouldn't want that on my body. I'm glad more regulations have been put out to protect the environment since I was little.

Yeah - you're right. The same thing happens in places like China especially in the more urban areas - there is literal smog in the air. 

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - you're right. The same thing happens in places like China especially in the more urban areas - there is literal smog in the air. 

Are a lot of Asian countries like that, do you know? With a lot of smog?

Where I live now is in the country and I can just breathe in so much deeper now! My husband has asthma and he hasn't had to go to the ER for a breathing treatment in 8 years! yay