Register Now
Shagger

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Return to the PlayStation Store on June 21st, but the PS4 version is still expected to have issues.

As most of you are aware, Cyberpunk 2077 launched (after several delays) on December 10nth 2020, and it was pretty much a disaster. Buggy on PC and almost unplayable on previous generation consoles. Even worse, CDPR tried to hide this by not giving out review codes for consoles and not allowing journalists and content creators to use thier own captured footage for video reviews. The game received such a backlash that both Microsoft and Sony pulled the game from thier digital stores, although the game could still be bought on disc 

It's been many months, many patches and many apologies, but the game is going back up on the PlayStation store on June 21st, but it's not all good news. Sony have admitted that standard PS4 owners will still have performance issues, but assure that CDPR are still working on it. Full story from Eurogamer.

Personally, I don't this the game should be sold untill it's working perfectly, just like how they shouldn't have sold it in the first place. What CDPR did was misguided and dishonest, so I would say this still isn't good enough.

What do you think?

I'm still waiting to play my game on the ps4. And I'd rather not waste the effort playing it yet if it isn't solid on the console. It's good news they are confident enough to be put back in the store, but you're right about the disaster and then promoting the game when the console version isn't 100% is not good business. I'm not confidant, I'm not excited, and I'll wait till the ps4 version has an update telling me all bugs they know of are fixed. I'm still planning for Christmas to play it and pretend it just came out. 

That seems kind of crazy to me. It's still extremely broken. Maybe it'll mean more digital content but it still crashes and has major bugs. They better release a better update. 

All I can say is you learn to save your game a lot. Pro has better performance but not good enough to say this game is ready to be re-released. You never know when the game will crash and it will crash, often. You can be mid mission or you could be walking down the sidewalk. Patch 1.22 improved a lot of things but definitely not enough. It actually made a few things worse.

I've rebuilt my database, tried reinstalling it, started new games just to make sure it wasn't a bad save file. I've tried running it on internal storage vs external storage. Tried running it on SSD vs HDD, really made no difference. SSD slight load time increase but even more frequent crashes.

I knew it wouldn't work anytime soon - this has always been the problem with CDPR games, they're just not optimized properly. They should've released Cyberpunk for the new gen consoles and PC first and continue working on the PS4 and Xbox one version and try to optimize them for the last gen consoles. Or they could've excluded them in the first place.

9 hours ago, Fractured_Veil said:

It's been a less than ideal release for sure, and putting out a statement that basically says, "we know it has issues on some platforms and it will continue to have issues for at least a while yet" doesn't seem like the best recovery. 

I totally agree - they haven't handle the whole situation well and it just keeps getting worse for them.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no way it would ever be justified selling a game that isn't fully functional to anyone because it's a total rip off. Supposing they never really get it fixed, what happens to the gamers money? 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, Heatman said:

As far as I'm concerned, there is no way it would ever be justified selling a game that isn't fully functional to anyone because it's a total rip off. Supposing they never really get it fixed, what happens to the gamers money? 

Most of them got their refunds already but the rest I guess just stubbornly held out hope for a playable game instead of doing the sensible thing and demanding a refund like the others.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most of them got their refunds already but the rest I guess just stubbornly held out hope for a playable game instead of doing the sensible thing and demanding a refund like the others.

Seriously, that's definitely bad for business because it kills the trust of their loyal customers.