Register Now
StaceyPowers

Starfield

Sadly, we had to expect this. There's no force on heaven or earth that can convince me that the they never intended to bring this to PlayStation or Nintendo when they first started developing the game. This is all a result of Microsoft buying Zenimax Media (Bethesda's parent company) back in March. PlayStation owners have every right to be pissed, but like I said I don't think this is gonna surprise anyone.

That aside, the game looks cool, but might not be worth a day 1 purchase given Bethesda's unfortunate, yet earned reputation when it comes to game launches.

Edited by Shagger

I've no issue with exclusives, it's the whole reason Microsoft bought Zenimax in the first place.  For PlayStation gamers it's frustrating but many of them also piss and moan about games like Horizon Zero Dawn releasing on Steam which is hypocritical as all hell.

I've always been a big fan of interstellar games. The first such game that I had  played was Halo 2, then I completed mass effect 2. 

Though I have not played starfield, but looking at the trailer it gives me goosebumps. My friend already suggested me to try this one. And I am very okay with the PC version. 😁

Edited by Razor1911

5 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Nov 22 as the article suggests a bit long time. Like 1 year and 5 months. 

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/starfield-release-date-trailers-gameplay-and-everything-we-know-2978714

And this is the same thing I've talk about before with Cyberpunk 2077. It's never a good thing when game companies announce release dates this ridiculously early. It is simply not possible that Bethesda can even be slightly sure that Starfield will be ready for launch this far from the release date. But no, we need to take in pre-orders for a year and a half before the game comes out because greed. Not to mention this is Bethesda, a company with a very poor reputation when it comes to the quality of thier games at launch already. If there is one company that really shouldn't do this it's Bethesda. I'm calling it now, this game will be delayed or launch broken, or possibly both.

29 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I'm calling it now, this game will be delayed or launch broken, or possibly both.

I'm going to go with on time and broken.  The creation engine is a fossil that should never have been used post Skyrim.  Bethesda proved with Fallout 76 that they don't a fuck about quility control.  Most of all they know they don't need to spend the money on man hours because the community will fix the bugs for them!  My only hope is that thier new overlords Mircosoft give them some oversight.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, Shagger said:

Sadly, we had to expect this. There's no force of heaven or earth that can convince me that the they never intended to bring this to PlayStation or Nintendo when they first started developing the game. This is all a result of Microsoft buying Zenimax Media (Bethesda's parent company) back in March. Playstation owners have every right to be pissed, but like I said I don't think this is gonna surprise anyone.

That aside, the game looks cool, but might not be worth a day 1 purchase given Bethesda's unfortunate, yet earned reputation when it comes to game launches.

It's how the silent war of consoles vs consoles vs pc works, and now gamers will suffer.

I will also not recommend anyone to buy at launch, with Bethesda you gotta wait it out.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Is anyone else annoyed that Starfield is a PC/Xbox exclusive (and think this bodes badly for PlayStation gamers for other forthcoming Bethesda games)?

It's actually shocking that it's not available for Playstation console owners and it's all down to Microsoft  buying Zenimax Media.