Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Republicans signing bills into law in red states to make it illegal to talk about or teach about current/historic racism in schools

Some of the books being given as examples of CRT are pretty racist themselves in that they teach that one race is the one that is racist against the others. Hmm...pointing out that the color of the skin makes someone more or less superior is the problem so why are they trying to point out skin color and make the divide even worse? It wasn't too long ago that we were told to stop looking at color and now that's all we're told to do is look at color.

1 hour ago, Lämmchen said:

Some of the books being given as examples of CRT are pretty racist themselves in that they teach that one race is the one that is racist against the others. Hmm...pointing out that the color of the skin makes someone more or less superior is the problem so why are they trying to point out skin color and make the divide even worse? It wasn't too long ago that we were told to stop looking at color and now that's all we're told to do is look at color.

There’s nothing like oppressors claiming advocacy against racism is racist. Awareness shouldn’t be taught in schools. And universities need mandatory surveys to see what their beliefs are. Do you think the new bills passed by republicans are good? The bills where a teacher can be fired for talking about racism. The bill where university staff and students need a survey of their beliefs by law? Are you all for those bills?

18 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There’s nothing like oppressors claiming advocacy against racism is racist. Awareness shouldn’t be taught in schools. And universities need mandatory surveys to see what their beliefs are. Do you think the new bills passed by republicans are good? The bills where a teacher can be fired for talking about racism. The bill where university staff and students need a survey of their beliefs by law? Are you all for those bills?

Did you post the links to those bills earlier? I must have missed them. I'm not exactly sure what those bills entail and I know that social media can distort the truth about what bills actually state. So I'd prefer to read them myself first before responding.

3 minutes ago, Lämmchen said:

Did you post the links to those bills earlier? I must have missed them. I'm not exactly sure what those bills entail and I know that social media can distort the truth about what bills actually state. So I'd prefer to read them myself first before responding.

The internet is at your fingertips. I have a hunch where you stand, so if you want to talk about books in schools teaching racist CRT then you need links. 

Desantis in Florida HB 233-law requiring surveys at unversities-you can look it all up

And since there are several states that passed the anti CRT bill, you can also go and look up each one. The states I know of are Florida, Texas, Arizona, Idaho, and Iowa that have been passed. Then there are about at least 15 more states that has the bill which hasn't been signed into law yet. 

Things have gotten worse about what they want to teach in schools. The Texas senate has passed a bill, Senate Bill No. 3, which takes away teaching in Social Studies from K-12 of civil rights movement, Martin Luther King Jr., women suffrage, history of Native Americans, and just about everything race related. What are they supposed to say at Black History Month, or the new Juneteenth holiday? They have also eliminated the teachings of how the KKK and white supremacy is morally wrong. This bill is the definition of indoctrination. It is happening before our eyes. Democrats in the Texas House has left the state to protest and stall the Texas voting suppression bill, and so they are also stalling this bill from being passed. But at the end of the day, it's going to get passed. The democrats that left the state in protest, the Texas governor has called for their arrest. He already has stopped any payment to state legislatures so that democrat politicians can't get their salary in the state. I'm not sure if any of this is legal such as stopping their pay and/or arresting them for leaving the state. But this is the ugliness republicans are willing to do for straight up authoritarianism and white supremacy. 

Here are things crossed out of the Texas education curriculum under this bill

*writings of George Washington; Ona Judge; Thomas Jefferson; Sally Hemings; any other founding persons of the U.S.; Frederick Douglas's Newspaper; Northstar; Book of Negroes; Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850; Indian Removal Act; Jefferson's Letter to Danbury Baptists; William Still's Underground Railroad Records; 

*Historical documents related to the civic accomplishments of marginalized populations; Chicano movement; women's suffrage and equal rights; civil rights movement; Syner Act of 1924; American Labor Movement; 

*History of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, eugenics movement, Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong

*History and the importance of the civil rights movement; MLK Jr Letter from Birmingham Jail; I Have a Dream Speech; federal Civil Rights Act of 1964;

*Brown vs Board of Education; Emancipation Proclamation; Universal Declaration of Human Rights; 13th 14th and 15th amendments of the constitution; Frederick Douglas Narrative of the Life; An American Slave; Life and Work of Cesar Chavez; Life and Work of Dolores Huerta; 

*History and Importance of the Women's Suffrage Movement; Federal Voting Rights Act of 1965; 15th 19th and 26th amendments of the constitution; Abigail Adam's Letter Remember the Ladies; Works of Susan B Anthony; Declaration of Sentiments; Life and Works of Dr. Hector Garcia; League of United Latin American Citizens; Hernandez vs Texas; 

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/09/texas-critical-race-theory-schools-legislation/

Here is the SB NO.3 bill. Read what is now crossed out in pg 5-7

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/871/billtext/pdf/SB00003I.pdf#navpanes=0

And to add to the topic of systemic racism for those who don't believe in it, here is another example of it. Florida passed an Anti Riot bill in the wake of BLM protests. The bill has harsh punishments for blocking roads and it is legal to murder protestors using vehicles. But now, the Florida governor and the police have 'selective enforcement' of the new law because of Cuban Americans, who tend to be republicans, are on the streets now protesting and blocking roads due to the situation in Cuba. The governor is trying to get the police to not arrest any of them. So this new bill is only to arrest black people. This really is sick and right in our faces. 

Ok, first off, he can't stop their salary unless they're no longer a part of the senate. I can't draw salary from Facebook because I don't work there. If I did then I could. They are members of the senate, they draw salary. Second, he can't have them arrested for leaving the state. That's not a crime, unless a law that I am unaware of was recently passed that classifies leaving ones state as desertion. The senators can claim vacation, and the nazi governor can't do a god damn thing about it. Maybe a fine for not putting in for vacation or something. I don't know how that part works at the federal level, especially since every republiKKKlan president has spent more time on vacation than in office since the Reagan administration. But in every other aspect of the working world, you have to give notice of your intent to take a vacation.

With that in mind, what the fuck are they supposed to be teaching? 1990's dance crazes?

And with Florida, that's just flat out illegal as well as what's going on in Texas. Black Americans are going to have to start wearing movie makeup when they go out to look white for fear of being arrested for simply walking down the sidewalk if this shit continues. Because if it does continue in the south, it will soon become the law of the land. And more tax dollars will be used to build more supermax prisons to hold all the black citizens who got mad that >insert football team< lost, when watching in their own home.

Neighbor - "Did you hear that? A black man is angry! Police! There is a terrorist next door!"
Judge - "I hereby sentence you to death by guillotine. You have one hour left to live."

That's where we're headed. They will be forced into slums, refused the right to be unhappy with where they've been forced into, and under constant threat of being murdered for existing with out that even being viewed as a crime.

Republican Mary Beeman School Board Campaign Manager has said this at a discussion of critical race theory, "Helping kids of color to feel they belong has a negative effect on white, Christian, or conservative kids.”

She said “The statement I made was poorly worded and shown out of context." Out of context because she was trying to explain that liberal students and teachers were trying to bully white christians into submission. How can that be poorly worded AND out of context. That is what you said so own it. She was asked to show how it was out of context and she couldn't. Now the republican town committee refuses to comment. That right there is what they really believe.  

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-critical-race-theory-white-christian-kids-suffer-kids-of-color-belong-20211007-ea5lkzujvrgnba2ny3rdepknee-story.html

Edited by Reality vs Adventure