Register Now
killamch89

What’s the most effective way for a government to control its people?

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Fear. Make the population live in terror, and they will be too beaten down to resist. They will do whatever they're told without question.

Yep - instead of serving the citizen of its nation, the government enslaves its populace instead.

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Fear. Make the population live in terror, and they will be too beaten down to resist. They will do whatever they're told without question.

Case in point, the current state of affairs in North Korea.  Although, I'm told they also worship their leader there like a God, so I guess its probably more like a combination of fear, and brainwashing through censorship and propaganda.

10 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Case in point, the current state of affairs in North Korea.  Although, I'm told they also worship their leader there like a God, so I guess its probably more like a combination of fear, and brainwashing through censorship and propaganda.

They're required to at least act like they worship the supreme leader, as they call him. Whether they actually do or not is kept in their head. And they are force fed so much propaganda about the rest of the world (especially America) that they have no independent thoughts. They're literally starving to death, while Kim Jong un is feasting on steak and lobster, while downing it with the most expensive Dom Perignon. Even their hairstyles are controlled. If they break a MINOR rule, such as not spouting approval of literally everything Kim Jong un says and does it's punishable by death. Attempts to defect are punished by death if you're caught. That's the only reason so many stay. At least that's my understanding of why.

Terror will defeat reason every time.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They're required to at least act like they worship the supreme leader, as they call him. Whether they actually do or not is kept in their head. And they are force fed so much propaganda about the rest of the world (especially America) that they have no independent thoughts. They're literally starving to death, while Kim Jong un is feasting on steak and lobster, while downing it with the most expensive Dom Perignon. Even their hairstyles are controlled. If they break a MINOR rule, such as not spouting approval of literally everything Kim Jong un says and does it's punishable by death. Attempts to defect are punished by death if you're caught. That's the only reason so many stay. At least that's my understanding of why.

Terror will defeat reason every time.

Oh yeah, I do remember hearing something about them controlling haircuts! 

Give them rights and education to be prosperous in all walks of life. Success and prosperity brings about the greatest peace. Less chance of revolt, less stealing, better mental health, pride in responsibilities, love, friends, family, pursuit of skills and talents, affordability, comfort. 'Let the Good Times Roll'. Control fails every time. It works real good temporarily. 

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Give them rights and education to be prosperous in all walks of life. Success and prosperity brings about the greatest peace. Less chance of revolt, less stealing, better mental health, pride in responsibilities, love, friends, family, pursuit of skills and talents, affordability, comfort. 'Let the Good Times Roll'. Control fails every time. It works real good temporarily. 

The government would rather die first than relinquish control and they'll resort to draconian methods if they feel that their influence is fading.

43 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The government would rather die first than relinquish control and they'll resort to draconian methods if they feel that their influence is fading.

Come on, no government would be that kind and lenient to its people if it was losing power over them.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:42 PM, The Blackangel said:

Come on, no government would be that kind and lenient to its people if it was losing power over them.

True - they'd just lock you up in concentration camps and inject us with brainwashing drugs - either that or create some kind of "war" to distract their citizens and manipulate them.