Register Now
The Blackangel

What games do you wish had a direct sequel?

There are a lot of games in a franchise that are completely unique from each other. Final Fantasy is a prime example of this. The Legend Of Zelda is another good example. But what games do you think should have their own direct sequel, in the same world, with the same characters, on the same map?

My first vote goes straight to FF8. I would love to see a FF8-2. That would be awesome to see what they're fighting against, and where the characters have gone since defeating Ultimecia.

One that I would like to see, though it would technically be the 4th release in the series (third if you don't count Red Dead Revolver), is a complete prequel to RDR2. One that starts before the Blackwater incident, and before they flee into the mountains and the events of RDR2. Something the shows us characters like Jenny, Davey, and Mac. Something that shows how everyone ended up together, and what they were doing prior to the gang. Most were street kids. Abigail we know, was a whore. Until she met the gang. There is no proof that John is Jack's father since she slept with all the men in the gang. Not sure what she charged for her "services". But she labeled him as the father. That's why he ran off for a year. She freaked him the fuck out.

God damnit, I'm rambling off topic again. I'll shut up now so this topic can get back on topic.

Alien Isolation,

damned randy pitchford and the shitshow that was colonial marines ruined any chance that this game ever had. When you put out total garbage it is never the garbage that suffers, but the title coming out next in the franchise.

I want a direct sequel to Jak and Daxter: The Precursor legacy. Jak II and Jak 3 were sequels, but they completely changed the game by skipping to the future, adding guns, minimizing exploration, and generally making it more mature. (Don't even get me started on Jak X, the cart racer).

I'd love another open world Jak game that takes place in the past.

It's definitely Final Fantasy 8 - I mean, I wanted to know how the characters progressed after the ending. To be honest, most FF games take place in alternative timelines with Final Fantasy X and FF7 being the only games in the franchise that had any sort of sequel.