Register Now
killamch89

What’s something you really resent paying for?

I have no problems with paying for car repair, it is a legitimate service you pay for, you get something for your money.

What I resent paying for is parking at paid events. If I'm already paying a hefty fee for attending the event, don't make me pay an additional fee, just for going there.

I once went to an event, and said fuck it and drove right back home when I realized they were asking for parking fees (which was not advertised on the event pages). Thankfully I did not pre-purchase my ticket so I could do that without hassle.

What I also find atrocious is duties and taxes when I order something from abroad on amazon / etc.

The VAT is not just levied on the goods themselves. but also the postage fees and duties. So for example if I order something for $100 and they charge $20 for packaging and postage, then I end up paying $170 for it in the end. Now that's a highway robbery.

Edited by m76

It's different here in the states. I've bought a lot of stuff from overseas, and the only issue I have had is the amount of time it takes to get the item. For example a few years ago I bought a couple PocketStations from Japan, since they weren't released in the US. They were the only way to get certain items in FF8. This was before the remaster. They were fairly priced, and the shipping was fair as well. It took about 2½ months or so before they arrived. Coming from overseas, they had to go through customs, and checked to make sure they weren't carrying something illegal. I also bought some contacts recently from another site that I had to sign for when they came.

I don't have a problem paying for the shipping as long as it's a fair price and shown beforehand. If it's not shown before you buy and sprung on you when you have no option to change your mind, that's when I get pissed.