Register Now
killamch89

What’s the funniest actual name you’ve heard of someone having?

I swear I'm not lying about this one.

I don't know if his parents were trying to be funny, or if they didn't realize what they were doing.

There's an auto dealer here that is Head Motor Company. Well one of the owners had a son. They named him Richard. So the boys name is Richard Head. And what is so wrong with that you may be asking? Well a shortened way to say Richard is Dick. So the boys name is Dick Head.

I worked at HMC detailing cars, and to this day I still don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just feel sorry for the poor guy.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I swear I'm not lying about this one.

I don't know if his parents were trying to be funny, or if they didn't realize what they were doing.

There's an auto dealer here that is Head Motor Company. Well one of the owners had a son. They named him Richard. So the boys name is Richard Head. And what is so wrong with that you may be asking? Well a shortened way to say Richard is Dick. So the boys name is Dick Head.

I worked at HMC detailing cars, and to this day I still don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just feel sorry for the poor guy.

I actually have a very similar story. I work at a dockyard that refits and now builds ships for the Royal Navy, among other things. Fairly Recently, we assembled the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier. As a way to honour the hard work of the people who built them, each individual had his or her name etched onto one of the hanger doors. We were all obviously invited up to a little ceremony to commemorate this. We couldn't actually look at the engraving as the doors weren't complete at the time, but the full list of names were up on a large billboard displayed on the hander. And yes, you guessed it, there was a Richard Head. I can't believe I live in a world with two pairs of idiots who would do this to their child exist. So now, Dick Head is etched permanently on the Royal Navy's flagship.

Edited by Shagger

In my hometown there is a guy named Richard Head and yes he goes by Dick. He has a daughter he named Sharon and in my eyes THATS what makes him a dick. And on that note that the military gets a bunch of them when you add ranks. Off the top of my head:

• Seaman Stain
  • Seaman Spray
  • Seaman Swallows
  • Captain Commander

On that note, hard to say without going crazy in laughing or get a boot at your pits

On 6/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Shagger said:

I bet he ended up being a total Scrooge at Christmas.

Nah - he just got constantly teased about like a girl who heard his name looked at him and said " Charles, who's Thomas and why do you have your Dickin him?". Of course, I fell out of my chair when I heard that one.