Register Now
killamch89

EA Is Planning To Revive Dead Space, More To Be Revealed AT EA Play On July 22

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

They have decent record of putting up a game. I have no issues with their remake, as long as I can play it with something new, I am happy. 

I actually think that we are all looking up to something that would be decent and unique with what they are planning to do. If it comes out in such a way, it's a win-win for all of us. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, skyfire said:

They have decent record of putting up a game. I have no issues with their remake, as long as I can play it with something new, I am happy. 

Same here, as long as they are launching decent games, having decent gameplay, I don't have problem with it. But, if they start putting annoying ads in high cost games, I will never tolerate that. 

Edited by Razor1911

On 8/23/2021 at 6:30 AM, skyfire said:

The Devs can say anything they like - I as the player am allowed to be skeptic based on recent history. I'll however see if they actually live up to their promises this time and actually deliver rather than give us Anthem 2.0

18 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Same here, as long as they are launching decent games, having decent gameplay, I don't have problem with it. But, if they start putting annoying ads in high cost games, I will never tolerate that. 

Seriously, I think that they got it in the end that the ads placement in a game that costs at least $60 or more isn't justifiable for any reason whatsoever. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Devs can say anything they like - I as the player am allowed to be skeptic based on recent history. I'll however see if they actually live up to their promises this time and actually deliver rather than give us Anthem 2.0

Exactly, when these companies really mess up, they look for a way to cover up and make up for their letdown which is no guarantees they would live up to their standards. 

20 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I don't see how that would happen in dead space, it's not some sports game. but yeah you never know in these times. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I don't see how that would happen in dead space, it's not some sports game. but yeah you never know in these times. 

Seriously, I believe that they have the capacity to develop something unique and decent but why they choose to be following the same direction for years now seems confusing or is it the management's new sense of policy? 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I believe that they have the capacity to develop something unique and decent but why they choose to be following the same direction for years now seems confusing or is it the management's new sense of policy? 

Might be because they are too much into earning money than producing high quality games. Obviously, if they push on earning revenue more, their concentration will be more on that, rather than improving the actual gameplay. 

24 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Might be because they are too much into earning money than producing high quality games. Obviously, if they push on earning revenue more, their concentration will be more on that, rather than improving the actual gameplay. 

That's a piss poor way to marginalize their loyal customers who's stuck with them for years. For the fact, that gamers can't do anything about this is even more frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

That's a piss poor way to marginalize their loyal customers who's stuck with them for years. For the fact, that gamers can't do anything about this is even more frustrating. 

Have you played the earlier dead space game? I never played it, but my friend who bought this one, said the game is not that bad as it is quoted in many reviews. Though, I have not asked more details about it. 

34 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Have you played the earlier dead space game? I never played it, but my friend who bought this one, said the game is not that bad as it is quoted in many reviews. Though, I have not asked more details about it. 

Nope, I haven't gotten the opportunity to play the game. Maybe looking up YouTube videos gameplay reviews on it would throw more light at how good or bad it is. 

9 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I did and they were awesome games - well the first two were excellent and the third one is where EA got greedy and introduced microtransactions to that game. It was around that time when EA really started pushing their microtransaction practices very aggressively.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I did and they were awesome games - well the first two were excellent and the third one is where EA got greedy and introduced microtransactions to that game. It was around that time when EA really started pushing their microtransaction practices very aggressively.

Seriously, it was at that point of aggressive use of microtransaction in the game, that my interest in playing it was gutted so low. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well, yeah after dead space 3 it was a long break, and they were about to release the 4th edition with completely new assets and features. They just wanted to utilise their earlier fanbase to make some money by enabling such transactions. 😆

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, yeah after dead space 3 it was a long break, and they were about to release the 4th edition with completely new assets and features. They just wanted to utilise their earlier fanbase to make some money by enabling such transactions. 😆

Seriously, I keep wondering how they first got that idea of initiating microtransactions in their games? Of all the positive things they could have added to their game, it was microtransactions they could come up with.