Register Now
killamch89

EA Is Planning To Revive Dead Space, More To Be Revealed AT EA Play On July 22

46 minutes ago, skyfire said:

More like it's not optional but you get alot of edge in the game in private games. after all if it were to be completely optional none of the people would go for it. 

Why you think that none of the people would go for it. If you have money you will definitely spend it. I have royale pass in PUBG, does anyone force me to do that?  No. The items and features for a premium member attracted me, so I had bought the royal membership. Even if I wouldn't have bought the membership, I still would have been able to play the game as I am playing now. 😊

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

More like it's not optional but you get alot of edge in the game in private games. after all if it were to be completely optional none of the people would go for it. 

Yeah - of course why would anyone be willing to spend money unnecessarily if the use of microtransactions is made optional. The companies wouldn't be silly to make it that way. 

On 9/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, afterall they all are after money. I hardly think any of the gaming developers are there, which really thinks about the gamers sentiments. Initially, they will try to gain the confidence, and after that they play with the gamers sentiments. 

That's pretty valid but at least some do a fantastic job of keeping up the façade. Others like EA just don't give a damn.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's pretty valid but at least some do a fantastic job of keeping up the façade. Others like EA just don't give a damn.

It is just a matter of time, the one you are calling excellent now, that will eventually turn into money hunter in future. You can't deny that the games and the gamers are a part of a business. The ultimate goal of the gaming studios to increase their profits, that's it. 

59 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

It is just a matter of time, the one you are calling excellent now, that will eventually turn into money hunter in future. You can't deny that the games and the gamers are a part of a business. The ultimate goal of the gaming studios to increase their profits, that's it. 

Sadly, this is actually the pattern most of the these game companies follow. Along the line, what used to matter to them becomes worthless. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I would say that EA is probably rich enough not to care anymore and still be in business because of their fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I would say that EA is probably rich enough not to care anymore and still be in business because of their fanbase. 

That is the how the gaming industry works. As you said, it's how the structure is made. At this time EA is having huge fanbase, but the ones which don't have popularity like EA are focusing on gathering more fanbase. And later, they will try to lure money from them.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That is the how the gaming industry works. As you said, it's how the structure is made. At this time EA is having huge fanbase, but the ones which don't have popularity like EA are focusing on gathering more fanbase. And later, they will try to lure money from them.

Exactly - It's basically how it seems to work perfectly for them. At their early stages, they would consumer-oriented with the games they make and once they get to the peak of glory, they look down on the customers. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - It's basically how it seems to work perfectly for them. At their early stages, they would consumer-oriented with the games they make and once they get to the peak of glory, they look down on the customers. 

Hopefully when gamers will start complaining and rejecting their games, they will understand the criticality. Already they have faced some backlash, I don't think they would try to forcefully apply the transactions upon us. 😆

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Hopefully when gamers will start complaining and rejecting their games, they will understand the criticality. Already they have faced some backlash, I don't think they would try to forcefully apply the transactions upon us. 😆

Well, we are already used to them following that same pattern and it's not going to be something new if they still take that path. 

17 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I saw that with CDPR - hell EA once made very good games as well but they went down that path about a decade ago.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I saw that with CDPR - hell EA once made very good games as well but they went down that path about a decade ago.

Which games of CDPR you are talking about? I hardly played any of their games, only just heard of cyberpunk. Otherwise, I knew about this one just couple of years ago. Which game you are talking about that you played a decade ago?

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

What's your take on these top 10 EA games? 

I played only a few of those games mentioned in the video. Obviously, EA has numerous games which were popular. I had played Mirror edge and dead space, rest all are outdated ones. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

What's your take on these top 10 EA games? 

I played Mirrors Edge and it's really good.  In my opinion the best game on this list among what I have played myself.

The only experiences or Dragonage are with Inquisition and a little bit of 2.  I've heard a lot of people really hate the changes made in Dragonage 2 and some seem to prefer them but I can't really say.

I played Command & Conquer General's, although I personally think Red Alert 2 was better.

I've played one or two versions of Sim City but not extensively.

EA Sports can for most part go fuck themselves although I did like some of the Tiger Woods PGA games.

I'd take the old Burnout games over Need for Speed.  I like the customisation in NFS but I think Burnout had the more fun classic arcade format.

I never played Dead Space and I probably should.

The Sims never appealed to me.

I hated Battlefield 3 because the campaign was a goddamn joke.  Even in the multiplayer I found myself spending my time just running around until I either got shot or run over.  Not to mention pay-to-win battlepack economy that everybody seemed to inexplicably ignore.

I never played Mass Effect, but I fully intend to play the new remastered version once I get enough green together.

Edited by Crazycrab