Register Now
killamch89

EA Is Planning To Revive Dead Space, More To Be Revealed AT EA Play On July 22

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It is a remake so don't count on a different story or new maps unless they have some kind of multiplayer mode.

You are correct, that's a remake and I am not expecting something drastic change in the plot or gameplay. Some kind of tweaks might be there in the lobby setting, but majority of the game will remain same.

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

You are correct, that's a remake and I am not expecting something drastic change in the plot or gameplay. Some kind of tweaks might be there in the lobby setting, but majority of the game will remain same.

I know - I was just reminding @skyfire that it's a remake not a new game although it's not outside of EA's style to call a remake a "new" game.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:34 AM, killamch89 said:

It is a remake so don't count on a different story or new maps unless they have some kind of multiplayer mode.

Like don't they have a pattern already for us to know what to expect from them? It's why I'm sure they aren't going do anything different from what they used to. 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:53 AM, Heatman said:

Like don't they have a pattern already for us to know what to expect from them? It's why I'm sure they aren't going do anything different from what they used to. 

As I said previously, don't be surprised if they ship the remastered version with the bugs of the original. EA are notoriously lazy like that...

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As I said previously, don't be surprised if they ship the remastered version with the bugs of the original. EA are notoriously lazy like that...

Seriously - EA never cease to amaze me when they keep acting like they are on drugs with making a mess and still don't feel like they are doing anything wrong. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

EA knows how to entertain it's customers by introducing amazing features in a game, and recreating the game to bring excitement back to the face of it's fans. That's exactly what comes to Live with this very game. 

People have joked about it, but I am seriously starting to think you DO work for EA. That company is the template to follow to be the ultimate scum in the gaming industry and the FIFA franchise serves as one of the easiest examples to explain why.

They treat their developers like stepped on shit with thier persistent habit of killing of game studios they take control of (including the studio that made Dead Space to being with). They treat their customers even worse with some of the most exploitative monetisation schemes that we've ever seen. The quality of their games has, if anything, been dropping the last few years with less and/or worse combat elements, poor storytelling experiences, dumbed down gameplay and presentation that has failed to keep up. The quality control has been very poor with games sometimes needing weeks or even months of post launch patches to even function properly. They release games like FIFA and Madden year on year almost exactly the same with little to no changes, but still have arrogance to demand full price or more to allow people to play thier "slot machines for kids" each time. Progress also resets on these games, mean any time and indeed money spent on them inevitably amounts to nothing. They have literally taking features out of games like FIFA to add them back as "new features" because they believe the fans to be stupid and won't notice. EA has tried on numerous occasions to deny your right to buy their games used.

EA are scum. When they do actually release a good game, it is nothing more than a fleeting fluke at this unlikely to be repeated. The only good thing I can say is that they have managed to stay out of the abuse scandals that have rocked Activision and Ubisoft... so far.

Edited by Shagger

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

People have joked about it, but I am seriously starting to think you DO work for EA. That company is the template to follow to be the ultimate scum in the gaming industry and the FIFA franchise serves as one of the easiest examples to explain why.

They treat their developers like stepped on shit with thier persistent habit of killing of game studios they take control of (including the studio that made Dead Space to being with). They treat their customers even worse with some of the most exploitative monetisation schemes that we've ever seen. The quality of their games has, if anything, been dropping the last few years with less and/or worse combat elements, poor storytelling experiences, dumbed down gameplay and presentation that has failed to keep up. The quality control has been very poor with games sometimes needing weeks or even months of post launch patches to even function properly. They release games like FIFA and Madden year on year almost exactly the same with little to no changes, but still have arrogance to demand full price or more to allow people to play thier "slot machines for kids" each time. Progress also resets on these games, mean any time and indeed money spent on them inevitably amounts to nothing. They have literally taking features out of games like FIFA to add them back as "new features" because they believe the fans to be stupid and won't notice. EA has tried on numerous occasions to deny your right to buy their games used.

EA are scum. When they do actually release a good game, it is nothing more than a fleeting fluke at this unlikely to be repeated. The only good thing I can say is that they have managed to stay out of the abuse scandals that have rocked Activision and Ubisoft... so far.

You spent your time well to pour out your displeasure around the work so far carried out by EA game developers when it comes to game release. 

Lots of gamers do believe that EA is simply repeating same game year after year, no real changes. Still, I favour EA FIFA due to the love I have for soccer. I play for the fun of soccer, I know that FIFA is quite slow in gameplay when compared to PES. Just that PES have brought another strict policy that left soured feelings around it's lovers by implementing charges every year for game upgrade. 

Truth be told, FIFA needs to change their video game performance, especially the gameplay, being cagey and dull, crampy. They should make it realistic, add more fascinating features, and not repeating same thing year to year. Such rebranding or remoulding will bring back wonderful feelings to EA FIFA gamers to come alive again, playing it. 

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

To EA's very little credit they do seem to allow their third party partners and even in house studios to run a little more independently than most other publishers.  I think this is why they have managed to avoid some of those potholes.

Even this can be problematic at times.  In the fairly recent case of Anthem they didn't stick their noses in enough while Bioware's management was putting duct tape over all the problems.  That's not to say that EA don't share in the responsibility, or that some of their decisions and demands for the game weren't ultimately detrimental to end product and employees.  However, according to reports from people that were there, most of the blame was on Bioware's management.

I have and will certainly continue to take my pounds of flesh out of EA and others for their crap, but doesn't mean their 100% to blame 100% of the time.  As much as it saddens me to say it In the case of these sports games I think (some) gamers are to blame as well.  By spending money on these nearly identical games and their in game currencies year after year their vindicating them.

38 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Truth be told, FIFA needs to change their video game performance, especially the gameplay, being cagey and dull, crampy. They should make it realistic, add more fascinating features, and not repeating same thing year to year. Such rebranding or remoulding will bring back wonderful feelings to EA FIFA gamers to come alive again, playing it. 

The only way that's going to happen is if you vote with your wallet.  If you stop buying them then, and only then will they be pushed to make significant changes.  There's no way FIFA, the NFL, the NHL, the PGA, the UFC and everyone else they've got these years long exclusive partnerships with are going to do anything about it.  As long as EA keeps paying they don't give a fuck no matter how much it hurts thier brand's reputation.

Edited by Crazycrab

7 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lots of gamers do believe that EA is simply repeating same game year after year, no real changes.

Not just belief but even the employees admit that the code is just repetition. EA recently moved to new graphics engine so no idea if this continues. 

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

Seriously, you don't know how to mince words 😂. If he's working for EA, it's definitely going to be on huge payroll for defending them at any cost. 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:23 PM, Crazycrab said:

To EA's very little credit they do seem to allow their third party partners and even in house studios to run a little more independently than most other publishers.  I think this is why they have managed to avoid some of those potholes.

Even this can be problematic at times.  In the fairly recent case of Anthem they didn't stick their noses in enough while Bioware's management was putting duct tape over all the problems.  That's not to say that EA don't share in the responsibility, or that some of their decisions and demands for the game weren't ultimately detrimental to end product and employees.  However, according to reports from people that were there, most of the blame was on Bioware's management.

I have and will certainly continue to take my pounds of flesh out of EA and others for their crap, but doesn't mean their 100% to blame 100% of the time.  As much as it saddens me to say it In the case of these sports games I think (some) gamers are to blame as well.  By spending money on these nearly identical games and their in game currencies year after year their vindicating them.

The only way that's going to happen is if you vote with your wallet.  If you stop buying them then, and only then will they be pushed to make significant changes.  There's no way FIFA, the NFL, the NHL, the PGA, the UFC and everyone else they've got these years long exclusive partnerships with are going to do anything about it.  As long as EA keeps paying they don't give a fuck no matter how much it hurts thier brand's reputation.

You're right - Those brands that they have deals with couldn't care less about how poor the EA sports games are as they're still getting free promotion by having their teams in their games.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're right - Those brands that they have deals with couldn't care less about how poor the EA sports games are as they're still getting free promotion by having their teams in their games.

They all have something to gain in the end which is why they keep doing what they are doing blindly. 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:53 AM, Crazycrab said:

The only way that's going to happen is if you vote with your wallet.  If you stop buying them then, and only then will they be pushed to make significant changes.  There's no way FIFA, the NFL, the NHL, the PGA, the UFC and everyone else they've got these years long exclusive partnerships with are going to do anything about it.  As long as EA keeps paying they don't give a fuck

Talking about FIFA, do we have any better alternatives? It's easy saying that we should stop buying the game, but people like me who are fond of football, what option do we have? If you talk about PES, it's good but not better than FIFA. Obviously, from last few releases they are pathetic with their upgrades and features. But we don't have much option to choose from.