Register Now
killamch89

RTX 3050 VS 3050 TI Laptop Comparison

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Now that the series is slowly expanding ahead with updates it would be fun to see such comparisons for the upcoming MSI and asus laptops. 

There'd hardly be any notable differences between the laptops of any brand because there's only so much they can do with those GPUs.

4GBs of memory is just stupid, it could make it that the rtx 2060 laptops still sell for the same pricing as of today.Will be looking forward for the desktop version of these GPUs, and diffinitely AMD's response.

I don't think 4GB would suffice for Windows 11 too. I think it's good that windows is forcing hardware upgrade. people would like to live on low RAM forever and damage the laptop manufacturers to make low RAM laptops. I am glad microsoft is forcing hardware requirement this time. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

4GBs of memory is just stupid, it could make it that the rtx 2060 laptops still sell for the same pricing as of today.Will be looking forward for the desktop version of these GPUs, and diffinitely AMD's response.

AMD's 6800M chip is has more RAM and way more powerful than this and the 6700 and 6600M chips coming shortly will also be more powerful and have more RAM so AMD will definitely bring the heat.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:30 AM, skyfire said:

I tihnk in mid of 2022, there are going to be new chips from the AMDs for the laptop that would be good for creators of video, graphics and games. So I am definitely looking forward to that. 

The thing with AMD chips isn't so much their performance or pricing, it's their compatibility with creator software that holds them back so if they can fix that, then Nvidia can't afford to slip up or AMD will overtake them.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:42 AM, skyfire said:

I guess that is a close going for the Nvidia in that case. We will see by the mid of the next year as it is. 

I just hope there is more adoption for AMD GPU software in terms of productivity because as it stands now, Nvidia has a large lead in the productivity software market.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:39 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah I think market votes with wallet and we get filtered products like that. Which is a good thing and I trust that process. 

The good thing is that AMD made FSR open-source which can lead to it being widely adopted and possibly becoming the industry standard over time.