Register Now
The Blackangel

8 Video Games That Reward You For Showing Mercy

RDR2 also awards you for showing mercy. It ups your honor rating and often gets you unique items that you otherwise could not have gotten. And if you help out people who need it, such as the man who got bitten by a snake and the guy with his leg in a jaw trap, they will pay for whatever you want in the shop they're sitting by later on when they're in town. That can get you free outfits, or free guns.

Edited by The Blackangel

also in GTA IV, if you decide to spare Darko Brevic, you get the next dialogue all based about how Niko Bellic feels more satisfied now, but if you kill him, you'll get a dialogue showing the emptyness inside him because revenge didn't improve his situation

I played shadow of the tomb raider yesterday,  but there were no such rewards for showing mercy. Instead, you get rewarded for killing those small pigs and deers.

I don't think it would make any difference showing mercy or killing it in Tomb Raider series.

Also in mass Effect choosing to save the Thorian controlled colonists with a gas grenade despite them shooting at you gives you a small quest in 2 that ends in a nice fighting force asset in 3. Also being merciful gets you hit on by a green asari alter in that quest too. In fact Mass effect has a ton of that. Saving Wrex despite his stubbornness gets the galaxy a better krogan to deal with (possibly) saving the council has the Assention saving Earth and on and on.

4 hours ago, Shole said:

I think a lot of games have that option, and some just make the story better by making you connect with a character and show mercy only to kill them off later.

Games like GTA and Deus Ex come to mind...

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Games like GTA and Deus Ex come to mind...

Not only those I think there are a few maps on Warcraft 3 that helps you out to be nice, then we have def on Rust, and multiplayer games it can help you in the long run 😄

On 6/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Patrik said:

also in GTA IV, if you decide to spare Darko Brevic, you get the next dialogue all based about how Niko Bellic feels more satisfied now, but if you kill him, you'll get a dialogue showing the emptyness inside him because revenge didn't improve his situation

My question on this one is whether the reward for sparing Darko Brevic worth it? Personally, I don't really think it's worth it.