Register Now
killamch89

Disastrous Marvel's Avengers Bug Leaks IP Addresses & Doxxes PS5 Streamers And Players

This must be the worst Marvel's Avengers issue yet. So apparently a bug leaks IP addresses and doxxes all PS5 streamers and players...They need to hurry up and shut it down ffs. Every week something else is wrong with this miserable excuse of a game. What are your thoughts about this bug.

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

This must be the worst Marvel's Avengers issue yet. So apparently a bug leaks IP addresses and doxxes all PS5 streamers and players...They need to hurry up and shut it down ffs. Every week something else is wrong with this miserable excuse of a game. What are your thoughts about this bug.

Thier bug is compromising with online safety of their players. They need a permanent solution to this. Their developer had acknowledged that publicly, hope the bug will be fixed soon.

24 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Thier bug is compromising with online safety of their players. They need a permanent solution to this. Their developer had acknowledged that publicly, hope the bug will be fixed soon.

I agree - I hope it's resolved very soon but I will say this much, Square Enix's management of this game has been piss poor so I don't think they'll be able to fix this very quickly.

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - I hope it's resolved very soon but I will say this much, Square Enix's management of this game has been piss poor so I don't think they'll be able to fix this very quickly.

I didn't knew that there had been any other issues with this game other than this one?

I remember I had played Nier: Automata last year, I didn't find any issue with that.

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I didn't knew that there had been any other issues with this game other than this one?

I remember I had played Nier: Automata last year, I didn't find any issue with that.

The monetization and overall stability of the game have been issues from day one. It's also just not that fun to play, something I can say from experience. I tried to like it, but it's just tedious and not as much fun as it should have been. It's not a terrible game, but with a talented studio like Crystal Dynamics the potential of the license, it should have been so much more.

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

The monetization and overall stability of the game have been issues from day one. It's also just not that fun to play, something I can say from experience. I tried to like it, but it's just tedious and not as much fun as it should have been. It's not a terrible game, but with a talented studio like Crystal Dynamics the potential of the license, it should have been so much more.

I can say the exact same thing about Skyrim. I have tried to get into it several times, but it's just boring, and lacking any kind of substance. It moves so slowly with no real action of any kind. I get that it's an open world game, and there are a million paths you can take. But of the ones I have taken, none of them have led to anything even remotely entertaining or enjoyable. Yet the majority of gaming world loves the game and would call me insane.

You guys talk about it all the time here, and I often wonder why. Simply because I couldn't get into it. I often talk about NES games, and I'm sure many here wonder why because they don't get why anyone would be playing a 35 year old system.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

I can say the exact same thing about Skyrim. I have tried to get into it several times, but it's just boring, and lacking any kind of substance. It moves so slowly with no real action of any kind. I get that it's an open world game, and there are a million paths you can take. But of the ones I have taken, none of them have led to anything even remotely entertaining or enjoyable. Yet the majority of gaming world loves the game and would call me insane.

You guys talk about it all the time here, and I often wonder why. Simply because I couldn't get into it. I often talk about NES games, and I'm sure many here wonder why because they don't get why anyone would be playing a 35 year old system.

What you're describing there is the simple reality that no game is made for everyone. A lot of people love Skyrim and others don't, and I can understand either one. I couldn't get into The Witcher 3, for example, even though the game is very much loved and even I will acknowledge it's merits, but it just didn't click with me. Skyrim sure as hell isn't perfect. The magic is horribly balanced, it had more than it's fair share of bugs at launch, many of the characters have confusing and non-sensical plot expositions and it's dialogue is often awkward, but it's a game crafted with heart and clear purpose by people that clearly loved making it. It's a great game because it's great at what it does, but what it does is not going to resonate with everyone.

Marvels Avengers is different. It has flaws that aren't dismissible with personal preference. It is things it shouldn't be and isn't things it should for a superhero game. The characters don't feel very well defined from each other, the controls are over saturated and often difficult to use and the story is a bad fit for the Marvel's Avengers world. Then, there's the monetisation, it's sickening. I actually got my version as a freebie and it's plain to see why. They flat out don't need people to "buy" the game to harvest thier money, and that was clearly to goal from day one. I'm not gonna go into detail as it had been discussed on these threads on several occasions (one example here), but that isn't even the worst thing.

Unlike The Witcher 3, Skyrim and other well reputed games and what defiantly separates Marvels Avengers from Crystal Dynamics' other work, especially Tomb Raider, is passion, or lack thereof. With high level employees leaving the companya clear lack of care for quality of the DLC's and updates a pretty rocky launch for the game itself and not to mention this latest blunder, this was clearly a bread and butter job for what is generally regarded as a great developer. They didn't do better because it was clearly so hard for them to care and look at this as anything more that a soulless, 9-5 job. I don't doubt there are people working at CD who love the Avengers as much as anyone, but this game being a project that right from the start was a handover from a purely cooperate ambition would have probably sapped thier passion even more.

That's why this game should have been better. It's not about personal taste, it's about it being a souless, white good with made under cooperate orders that depressed the otherwise talented people making it, and the player can really feel that whilst playing it. It's the skeleton of Tomb Raider with an Avengers paint job haphazardly slapped over the top of of it designed to appease investors who were only interested in making money. It doesn't suck because it doesn't suit my taste, it just sucks.

After rereading my post I see that it may have come off as an attack. That was not my intent in any way. I was trying to offer an opinion.

I agree with you about Witcher 3. I couldn't get into it either. It's beautifully designed, and the graphics are top notch. But it just couldn't get its hooks into me. I am still trying to play both it and Skyrim, just to see if something that happens later in the game will grab me. After all I love FF8, but it has a woefully slow and boring start. That was one of the reasons it turned so many people off when it came out. SO I'm trying to give both games many chances. I'll admit that Skyrim has had more than Witcher 3. I think the reason behind that is probably that I see a lot more discussions here about Skyrim than I do Witcher 3.

While both are amazing games, and beautiful in most ways, so far they just haven't been able to draw me in.

37 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

After rereading my post I see that it may have come off as an attack. That was not my intent in any way. I was trying to offer an opinion.

I agree with you about Witcher 3. I couldn't get into it either. It's beautifully designed, and the graphics are top notch. But it just couldn't get its hooks into me. I am still trying to play both it and Skyrim, just to see if something that happens later in the game will grab me. After all I love FF8, but it has a woefully slow and boring start. That was one of the reasons it turned so many people off when it came out. SO I'm trying to give both games many chances. I'll admit that Skyrim has had more than Witcher 3. I think the reason behind that is probably that I see a lot more discussions here about Skyrim than I do Witcher 3.

While both are amazing games, and beautiful in most ways, so far they just haven't been able to draw me in.

I didn't see it as an attack, but the courtesy is appreciated none the less.

I immediately burst out laughing the second I read the title of this video. Anyone foolish enough to continue to play this complete failure of a game; needs to take the hint: stop playing this garbage game, that is quickly dying and move on. There are plenty of great games out now that you should be playing instead.

You would think that with the player base quickly abandoning this game, after a sew of: lacklustre content updates, bugs, broken gameplay mechanics, and now an update that lets players dox themselves; that people would have learned to call it quits on this dumpster fire by now.

Isnt IP address means you are pretty much exposed on privacy levels? Especially in US where exposing that means your address on map is as good as located. Sounds serious to me. Must be nooub developers who make such open interfaces. 

14 hours ago, skyfire said:

Isnt IP address means you are pretty much exposed on privacy levels? Especially in US where exposing that means your address on map is as good as located. Sounds serious to me. Must be nooub developers who make such open interfaces. 

Anytime we post here, @DC has our IP addresses. If he wanted to, he could use them to track us down to our physical address. It's like that on all forums. He even said so in some of the bid for rewards offers. He said he would check our IP's to make sure we had visited whatever page to get the extra points. I don't know if @Shagger can see them or not since he's a mod and not an admin. I don't know a lot about how Invision forums work as I've never owned, or been staff, on one either.

But after more than 2 years here, I know by now that both of them are trustworthy with things like this. @DC also has my physical address as some of the stuff I've won in auctions was physical items that had to be shipped to me. So far no fanboys have shown up on his behalf, so it seems all good.

Edited by The Blackangel

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Anytime we post here, @DC has our IP addresses. If he wanted to, he could use them to track us down to our physical address. It's like that on all forums. He even said so in some of the bid for rewards offers. He said he would check our IP's to make sure we had visited whatever page to get the extra points. I don't know if @Shagger can see them or not since he's a mod and not an admin. I don't know a lot about how Invision forums work as I've never owned, or been staff, on one either.

But after more than 2 years here, I know by now that both of them are trustworthy with things like this. @DC also has my physical address as some of the stuff I've won in auctions was physical items that had to be shipped to me. So far no fanboys have shown up on his behalf, so it seems all good.

I had best be transparent. I can see IP addresses and emails, but people need not worry. I promice the trust is not misplaced.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, skyfire said:

Yep and they can even use your IP address to commit fraud and all kinds of atrocities. It's a serious matter that I doubt I've even seen anything like this with Cyberpunk and that game was hacked!