Register Now
killamch89

Disastrous Marvel's Avengers Bug Leaks IP Addresses & Doxxes PS5 Streamers And Players

5 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, now they should have understood that the hackers community is also improving their hacking techniques. So the developers need to remain one step ahead of them. Such immature behaviour will not be tolerated anymore. 

Yeah, I actually do get that very well. It's what they live for and will keep looking for innovative ways to get better at it. 

14 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, now they should have understood that the hackers community is also improving their hacking techniques. So the developers need to remain one step ahead of them. Such immature behaviour will not be tolerated anymore. 

Most developers don't care about the protection of your data as long as they can make a quick buck off you. The only thing that makes them have to pretend to care is the bad press they'll get if they don't.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Most developers don't care about the protection of your data as long as they can make a quick buck off you. The only thing that makes them have to pretend to care is the bad press they'll get if they don't.

And they are definitely going to get caught up in the bad press when something like that happens with one's data being hacked and made public news. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I remember the good old days and the games of EA that I used to play. The logo itself was so deeply attached to my mind, and that intro sound along with that logo, That was a nostalgic moment. I can only wish that they should realise everything and get back to earlier reputation asap. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I remember the good old days and the games of EA that I used to play. The logo itself was so deeply attached to my mind, and that intro sound along with that logo, That was a nostalgic moment. I can only wish that they should realise everything and get back to earlier reputation asap. 🙄

Yeah, that was when EA was more interested in giving their loyal customers what matters. It's why they had huge fan base back in the day. 

9 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

When was this?  As far I can recall EA have had a well deserved piss poor reputation since the mid-nineties, maybe earlier.  It's for mostly same kind of bullshit the have it for now.  Greed, buggy releases, closing studios and their sports game pretty much same every year.  I don't recall any point where they had a favourable reputation.

Edited by Crazycrab

18 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

When was this?  As far I can recall EA have had a well deserved piss poor reputation since the mid-nineties, maybe earlier.  It's for mostly same kind of bullshit the have it for now.  Greed, buggy releases, closing studios and their sports game pretty much same every year.  I don't recall any point where they had a favourable reputation.

I am talking about when I used to play NFS MW and FIFA2009. Then I was in school, and I was fond of these games. Though, I am not sure if they had bad reputation then or not, but most of the games that I used to play was in single player mode, so I didn't have to worry about their tricky money sucking upgrades. 😊

31 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I am talking about when I used to play NFS MW and FIFA2009. Then I was in school, and I was fond of these games. Though, I am not sure if they had bad reputation then or not, but most of the games that I used to play was in single player mode, so I didn't have to worry about their tricky money sucking upgrades. 😊

Well that wasn't even that long ago I think it was around this time that they started putting all those bullshit microtransactions into their sports franchises like FIFA and Madden. In fact I believe that FIFA 09 was the first game to feature the Ultimate evil of Ultimate Team (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-ultimate-team-football-academy-interview).  So I'm going to say no, EA's reputation was bad back then and it's only gotten worse.

I'm not saying there wasn't some enjoyable games along the way, they were.  In fact EA published some of my childhood favourites like Magic Carpet 2, Dungeon Keeper, Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and The Burnout Series.  But even then I was aware of their crap and some of those games had their fair share of problems and controversy's.

Edited by Crazycrab

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Well that wasn't even that long ago I think it was around this time that they started putting all those bullshit microtransactions into their sports franchises like FIFA and Madden. In fact I believe that FIFA 09 was the first game to feature the Ultimate evil of Ultimate Team (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-ultimate-team-football-academy-interview).  So I'm going to say no, EA's reputation was bad back then and it's only gotten worse.

I'm not saying there wasn't some enjoyable games along the way, they were.  In fact EA published some of my childhood favourites like Magic Carpet 2, Dungeon Keeper, Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and The Burnout Series.  But even then I was aware of their crap and some of those games had their fair share of problems and controversy's.

As far as I can understand, the main issue with them are their unnecessary charges for small upgrades and all. But one who plays in single player offline mode, will not have any problem right?

Fifa09 did have that ultimate team (manager mode) feature, but I never had to buy anything with real money there. I could simply buy that with in-game virtual money. 

Edited by Razor1911

57 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

As far as I can understand, the main issue with them are their unnecessary charges for small upgrades and all. But one who plays in single player offline mode, will not have any problem right?

Fifa09 did have that ultimate team (manager mode) feature, but I never had to buy anything with real money there. I could simply buy that with in-game virtual money. 

No, you don't have to buy them, but that still makes your game worse. To make the premium currency worth buying, the "free" currency has to become an unnecessarily tedious and boring grind to earn, otherwise there would be no incentive to buy the premium currency at all. It being possible to play the game without buying that garbage is not a good reason to put up with it.

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

For the fact that EA have screwed gamers on several occasions have made whatever good they did in past seems to be swept under the carpet. I'm not even trying to justify their acts because they are dicks. 

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Burnout paradise is one of my all-time favorite games from EA and is one of the main reasons I'm so hard on EA is because they've made pretty good games when I was growing up but now they constantly disappoint.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Burnout paradise is one of my all-time favorite games from EA and is one of the main reasons I'm so hard on EA is because they've made pretty good games when I was growing up but now they constantly disappoint.

Yeah, they used to be very good until everything now changed for them which is money, money and more money. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest I HATED Paradise with a fiery passion.  It was a freak experiment of sheer greed that attempted to force everyone to buy their own copy of the game order to play together.  Splitscreen and crash party gone.  This was at a time when most people didn't have very good internet, but even if they did it's still a terrible design choice for an arcade racing game.  You spent most of your time driving on an open world menu (NOT map) to select your event, a total waste of time.

I much prefer the classic arcade style of the older games, and this is the title that destroyed them.  After this piece of crap Burnout was effectively folded into Need for Speed never to be seen again.

32 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

You spent most of your time driving on an open world menu (NOT map) to select your event, a total waste of time.

Seriously, making the game in a way where it's not possible to use map and choose your preferred event is where I had big problems with the game.