Register Now
killamch89

What would be the effects of the internet shutting down?

With how dependent we are as a race on the internet and technology in general, we'd be plunged into chaos and instagram/onlyfans "models" would probably off themselves because no social media for them to get free validation. TikTokers would have to go find a real job instead of doing those stupid dances. What do you think would happen?

The downfall of society. Businesses would fail, and major corporations would completely collapse. There would be mass anarchy worldwide. We would have to learn to live as I did when I was a kid, before the internet existed. I was 16 before the internet really took off. The major sites we see today didn't exist. Yahoo! wasn't around. Msn.com didn't exist. YouTube didn't exist. AOL didn't exist. Those came much later. It was a much more simple and different time. But now, the internet is a major necessity of life simply because of how dependent we are on it. It's second only to food, air, and water.

Edited by The Blackangel

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The downfall of society. Businesses would fail, and major corporations would completely collapse. There would be mass anarchy worldwide. We would have to learn to live as I did when I was a kid, before the internet existed. I was 16 before the internet really took off. The major sites we see today didn't exist. Yahoo! wasn't around. Msn.com didn't exist. YouTube didn't exist. AOL didn't exist. Those came much later. It was a much more simple and different time. But now, the internet is a major necessity of life simply because of how dependent we are on it. It's second only to food, air, and water.

So true - I also remembered when the internet just took off as a late 80s baby. We'd probably have to go back to landlines or maybe use carrier pigeons.