Register Now
Shagger

John McAfee, Founder of McAfee Antivirus, Found Dead in his Spanish Prison Cell.

The UK born computer pioneer was being held in Barcelona awaiting extradition to the US on tax evasion charges when, as initial reports and official statements indicate, he took his own life. He was 75. Full story from The Mirror.

I have never like McAfee or Norton ever. I usually remove that shit the first chance I get from any device I buy, but this story isn't about that. This was a case of a man pushed to the edge by his circumstance. Weather he was guilty of the charges he was facing or not, this is something that simply should not be allowed to happen. I'm not sure what the fallout of this is likely to be, but I'm sure the Spanish authorities are going to have to answer some difficult questions over the coming weeks.

Most importantly though, life is a precious thing. Depressions and anxiety are potentially deadly and anyone who is feeling like the can't cope with whatever situation they are in, please seek help.

The Samaritans Website

Edited by Shagger

I'm not sympathetic, he was a tax dodger and his products are premium malware that caused more damage than the viruses they advertised to "protect" against.  I had a laptop in University that was rendered almost completely unusable by his garbage.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

I did not even know that he was in prison in the first place for what,to take his own life at 75 years old and made that good/bad software. OCHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I totally forgot he was in prison for tax evasion charges. I'm going to be honest and say that I couldn't care less because he tried to skip out on his contribution to his country and is now facing the consequences of his actions so he decides to take the easy way out.

21 hours ago, Shagger said:

Most importantly though, life is a precious thing. Depressions and anxiety are potentially deadly and anyone who is feeling like the can't cope with whatever situation they are in, please seek help.

I've battled depression and anxiety my entire life. I've tried to kill myself more times than I care to admit, in more ways than I have the energy to count. I fucked it up and failed every time. Maybe I'll finally succeed at some point in the future. Then again, maybe not. I've also been warehoused several times for wanting to, which is fucking pointless.

Hell, life is pointless.