Register Now
killamch89

Money or Free Time?

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Being on disability, I have nothing but free time. So there is only one option in this one for me. Also disability doesn't pay jack shit, so the extra money would be a godsend.

I get your point but it was basically the opposite where you'd be overworked but have more money - I've been in a situation like this before and I walked away from it. I don't want to be a slave to any cooperation.

If the free time is worth more than the extra money to you, then choose the free time. If it's not, take the money. It's a personal decision based on what you value more. I take overtime whenever it's offered because I don't feel like giving up a few extra hours during the day during the week has a negative effect on my quality of life, so having the extra money so it can later improve my quality of life dramatically is well worth it to me. Each person is different though.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:39 AM, Empire said:

If the free time is worth more than the extra money to you, then choose the free time. If it's not, take the money. It's a personal decision based on what you value more. I take overtime whenever it's offered because I don't feel like giving up a few extra hours during the day during the week has a negative effect on my quality of life, so having the extra money so it can later improve my quality of life dramatically is well worth it to me. Each person is different though.

For instance, I mainly work for myself and it's time consuming around the clock so I definitely appreciate the free time when I have it.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

For instance, I mainly work for myself and it's time consuming around the clock so I definitely appreciate the free time when I have it.

Well, I would earn as much and have money to able to spend on free time also. Right, like can't go away to another location without money

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Well, I would earn as much and have money to able to spend on free time also. Right, like can't go away to another location without money

That's why it's important to invest a portion of your money and let it start working for you as well. It definitely pays off in the long run.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why it's important to invest a portion of your money and let it start working for you as well. It definitely pays off in the long run.

Yeah but if you don't know jack shit about investing you're pretty much screwed. The best I'm able to do is watch the silver spot and when it's low enough (below $20) then I buy as much as I can. At the moment of typing this the silver spot is $26.28. When Covid hit, the price skyrocketed. I haven't bought any in probably a couple years at this point. It's too expensive, and I would actually be losing money on the resell after i accumulated enough to try to sell at a profit. I would do gold, but that shit is just straight up too expensive, no matter what the spot is.

Work to live, don't live to work. Everything you buy won't be here years from now. Unless it's a house and land. If you will never be able to buy a house, then fuck it all and don't get taken advantage of. If you can afford a house in maybe 10 years of hard work, it is worth it. Nothing else matters except your time you will never get back. 

You ever hear the expression time is money?  😄  You definitely want some of both, but none of neither.  You can't really do anything without free time, but you need money if you want, like, you own place to live and various other comforts.  It goes without saying that the amount of money you need increases vastly the more people you want to support.