Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you situate your console horizontally or vertically?

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

They can't get to them. The systems are on my desk in a cubby. I'd say they are about 3' or so off the ground. Not even my pitbull can get to them.

Makes sense. I think I am going to place my PS5 vertically, but I don't know how to keep my cat away. There are only a few spots in my tiny home where it can go.

Vertical since launch, not had heard any problems. I honestly think it's a bit silly to advise against it when the console was designed to placed vertically as well. I mean two options and they allow it. Nothing wrong without unless you have it upside down 😛 

Used to have it horizontal, switched to vertical when I moved my console from my PC to another room.

Even if it would fall over the floor is padded as it is in my "recreational" room which also has gym equipment hence the padded floor.

On 6/27/2021 at 2:45 PM, The Blackangel said:

Vertical. It offers more surface area to dispel heat.

Is that a fact?  I always position things horizontally because it just looks more natural to me.  But if there's a logical reason why I should do it vertically instead, I should probably try to start doing that.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:15 AM, The Blackangel said:

Vertical. It offers more surface area to dispel heat.

The most sensible reasoning you have. 😁

Now I too think that having my console vertically would be more beneficial for it. playing 3 to 4 hours at a stretch really makes it a heating oven. 😆

On 6/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If it is an option with your console, do you position yours horizontally or vertically?

It's actually horizontally placed for me always because I don't think it look normal placing it vertically in my opinion.