Register Now
DC

Milestone Thread

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We seem to have a lot of people signing up, but they also seem to never actually use their accounts. A lot of them seem to simply be empty accounts that the members never use. I don't know if they are bots or actual people, but there's a lot of new registrations.

It's something commonly found on forum. There is forum where I moderate but most users just register and go cold. Most of the time the site owner bans them for being inactive. 

25 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's something commonly found on forum. There is forum where I moderate but most users just register and go cold. Most of the time the site owner bans them for being inactive. 

Why do people do this? It's so interesting how people will just sign up for stuff without any intent to actually do anything with said account.

1 minute ago, Techno said:

Why do people do this? It's so interesting how people will just sign up for stuff without any intent to actually do anything with said account.

Seriously, I don't seem to know the reason behind their actions. I think I need to conduct a study on that and find out from the public. 

14 hours ago, Techno said:

I think that some just like being silent member or something. They come navigate through, get the information they need and bolt away. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I think that some just like being silent member or something. They come navigate through, get the information they need and bolt away. 

Although, there is nothing wrong with doing that as long as they don't spam the forum. They can come and go whenever they want. 

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

We seem to have a lot of people signing up, but they also seem to never actually use their accounts. A lot of them seem to simply be empty accounts that the members never use. I don't know if they are bots or actual people, but there's a lot of new registrations.

The problem i've noticed is that each account has to be manually approved sure i get that is to prevent bots signing up. But it toke more then a week (almost 10 days) to get approved and only that happened when i sent a mail as to why my account isen't activated yet. Who knows if i never did contact the site if i would have been approved by now.

You shoulden't have to go to that length to register on a forum i think. I'm not judging i get people have stuff to do, but approve accounts on a more regulair basis would kind off help.

15 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

The problem i've noticed is that each account has to be manually approved sure i get that is to prevent bots signing up. But it toke more then a week (almost 10 days) to get approved and only that happened when i sent a mail as to why my account isen't activated yet. Who knows if i never did contact the site if i would have been approved by now.

You shoulden't have to go to that length to register on a forum i think. I'm not judging i get people have stuff to do, but approve accounts on a more regulair basis would kind off help.

You're right and that might be a big challenge for most people who got registered but can't get their account approved. 

It shouldn't be that long, better still the mods are there to help keep the forum clean if any new member spam the site. 

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

@DC has a lot of responsibilities, not just with the VGR website, so sometimes it slips his mind to check the new registrations.

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

It shouldn't be that long, better still the mods are there to help keep the forum clean if any new member spam the site. 

As mods, we don't have the authority to approve, deny, or ban accounts. That's something only an administrator can do. We're here to help maintain the forum and do our best to keep things running as smoothly as we can.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

@DC has a lot of responsibilities, not just with the VGR website, so sometimes it slips his mind to check the new registrations.

As mods, we don't have the authority to approve, deny, or ban accounts. That's something only an administrator can do. We're here to help maintain the forum and do our best to keep things running as smoothly as we can.

It's not easy running a forum that big because VGR is that big. I'm very sure that the administrator is going to do something about it sooner or later when it comes to him that he needs to give more power to his mod. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Admin is always active here, checking on the forum, in one way to the other. VGR is a better community for video game discussion, I just wish Admin long term continuity. 

You can say that again and again my friend, because for the love of God, he's good. 

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

You can say that again and again my friend, because for the love of God, he's good. 

tenor.gif

Remove this funny meme, I never stopped laughing seeing this kind of thing here on VGR. The other time, Shagger posted one which made my day, I couldn't forget that hilarious picture. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Remove this funny meme, I never stopped laughing seeing this kind of thing here on VGR. The other time, Shagger posted one which made my day, I couldn't forget that hilarious picture. 

You're definitely paying me for making you laugh. Being a comedian comes with a fat paycheck.