Register Now
DC

Milestone Thread

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This place is addictive. Trust me, you're gonna post more than you realize. @killamch89 is just shy of 20k posts and he joined a month after I did. Whereas I'm just shy of 8k posts. So you're going to lose track easily. A lot of us post here after we reach a certain number of posts. Even @DC has done that. So any kind of milestone you want to post doesn't have to be forum related. If I remember right, I posted when I bought my dream car, as that was a personal milestone for me. I had dreamed about that car for 35 years, and last October I was finally able to make that a reality.

So post whatever kind of milestone you're comfortable telling the forum about. If you're not sure if it would violate the rules, you can always refresh yourself.

Or she can just ask you or @Shagger. @Yaramaki you can post all your personal milestones here and I did like that NeoGeoPocket collection. If I remember correctly, @The Blackangel has a collection of lighters, older consoles and console games just like yourself so you'll feel right at home.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Or she can just ask you or @Shagger. @Yaramaki you can post all your personal milestones here and I did like that NeoGeoPocket collection. If I remember correctly, @The Blackangel has a collection of lighters, older consoles and console games just like yourself so you'll feel right at home.

I collect Zippos (currently have more than 70) and I'm a classic gamer with a pretty big library.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's impressive if I do say so myself - How many years did it take you to collect all of these? How much did it cost you?

Well to be honest it was never my intention to get that may systems, i already had more then enough and the most interesting ones by the time i had every game for the system probably somewhere in 2014, i toke a break for a few years until somebody started teasing me why i diden't have every system and variant gamewise ,my interest was peaked again and the rest is history i guess.

I'd say it toke me about 10 orso years to get them all breaks included.

money wise i can't really remember but in todays market you'd probably be looking at 4 grand but probably more. I haven't really followed prices to be honest, i know the ogre battle set went for 350 alone and the hanshin tigers variant you're probably looking at 250-300 if you're lucky. 

If you want i can post the rest of my neo geo pocket collection inc all the games, variants some store demos and some other crap.

33 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

money wise i can't really remember but in todays market you'd probably be looking at 4 grand but probably more.

Sometimes the old stuff is more valuable than the new stuff. If I was to sell absolutely all of my gaming (consoles, games, controllers, etc.) I could easily get over $15,000 for it. With the right buyer I could very probably get close to $20,000. If the only thing we were talking about is Switch, I have 123 DDL's and 23 carts. But compared to the rest of my library, I'm starving for Switch games. Some games I have, have only went up in value since buying them. Many of them have either remained where they were, or depreciated in value. So it's always the luck of the draw. I also have some CIB mint condition games and systems. So that helps the value.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I collect Zippos (currently have more than 70) and I'm a classic gamer with a pretty big library.

I have a few Gundam action figures that I had started collecting in 2017 but with scalpers, the prices of some of those figures went through the roof. So I put that one on hold.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

Well to be honest it was never my intention to get that may systems, i already had more then enough and the most interesting ones by the time i had every game for the system probably somewhere in 2014, i toke a break for a few years until somebody started teasing me why i diden't have every system and variant gamewise ,my interest was peaked again and the rest is history i guess.

I'd say it toke me about 10 orso years to get them all breaks included.

money wise i can't really remember but in todays market you'd probably be looking at 4 grand but probably more. I haven't really followed prices to be honest, i know the ogre battle set went for 350 alone and the hanshin tigers variant you're probably looking at 250-300 if you're lucky. 

If you want i can post the rest of my neo geo pocket collection inc all the games, variants some store demos and some other crap.

If you want to show it off - you can go right ahead. We'd like to see it.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Sometimes the old stuff is more valuable than the new stuff. If I was to sell absolutely all of my gaming (consoles, games, controllers, etc.) I could easily get over $15,000 for it. With the right buyer I could very probably get close to $20,000. If the only thing we were talking about is Switch, I have 123 DDL's and 23 carts. But compared to the rest of my library, I'm starving for Switch games. Some games I have, have only went up in value since buying them. Many of them have either remained where they were, or depreciated in value. So it's always the luck of the draw. I also have some CIB mint condition games and systems. So that helps the value.

I mean, there are some of the older consoles that have gone for $200k or more at auctions because older stuff tend to be listed as antique and because there aren't many around, they tend to cost way more. It all has to do with the Law of Supply and Demand in business.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Retro game prices are insane at this moment, if you look what some stuff is going for in todays market it makes your head spin, it kind of makes me want to bank on some of the stuff i have and don't really need anymore but it such a pain in the ass and time consuming to sell it, take multiple pictures of items, list them on ebay, pack ship them out etc etc.

Some swich games are already in the 100$ and above mark especially the early stuff from limited run and super rare games. If you have those and don't need em anymore probably now is the time to get rid off them. I don't really collect for the switch eventough i probably have around 150 ish games for it but those are titles that i'm interested in playing in the future or now. Nintendo games don't really drop in price and tend to hold their value so may aswell get em while they are avaible,most are always a safe bet to get a collectible game down the line especially if you keep it sealed.

Take xenoblade chronicles x for example unless it gets ported to the switch and if you are willing to gamble that's a future 100$+ game because if we're being honest it's also the only original game you should keep a wii u around ( and both zelda hd ports). That is with nintendo you never know they may port it over in the future.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

If you want to show it off - you can go right ahead. We'd like to see it.

I'm not really into showing off, but since you want me to i'll get around taking pictures in the weekend, tought i had taken them but for only half of the games. I should Probably open a new thread for it since we're getting way off topic in this one.

21 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

I'm not really into showing off, but since you want me to i'll get around taking pictures in the weekend, tought i had taken them but for only half of the games. I should Probably open a new thread for it since we're getting way off topic in this one.

Sounds like a good idea to me - we look forward to seeing your full collection.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Do you think it's going to be something close to what @The Blackangelhave displayed for us sometime back which have probably added more by now? 

Between my parents place and mine I've got around 11k games and these days I'm a pure japanese region games collector as you may have seen so no it's not going to be same to what blackangel has, besides it's never my intend to compete with her or anybody for that matter, everybody should do their own thing what they like and that should stay that way.  While despite her claims she hate 99,99% of the people on earth, she seems like a nice person i could probably talk with hours on end and have a good time with no doubt about it. 

While on the subject I'd be stoked if fellow posters on vgr.com would say damn that idiot from Belgium is right, i can buy physical copy of the game i want, like hell i'm going to bother with a digital download or atleast think about it for a minute you'd be a legend if you do.

Edited by Yaramaki
grammer mistake

11 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Between my parents place and mine I've got around 11k games and these days I'm a pure japanese region games collector as you may have seen so no it's not going to be same to what blackangel has, besides it's never my intend to compete with her or anybody for that matter, everybody should do their own thing what they like and that should stay that way.  While despite her claims she hate 99,99% of the people on earth, she seems like a nice person i could probably talk with hours on end and have a good time with no doubt about it. 

While on the subject I'd be stoked if fellow posters on vgr.com would say damn that idiot from Belgium is right, i can buy physical copy of the game i want, like hell i'm going to bother with a digital download or atleast think about it for a minute you'd be a legend if you do.

Some people might see it as a competition but it's not the way it appears to me. Rather, I see it as an encouragement to others to help propagate games that may be lost if we all let them go. 

5 hours ago, egghead said:

After a break from the forum for some time, I decided to be active again and now I have 700 posts. This is the highest number of posts I have created in any gaming forum.

Currently 741 and counting, you're definitely doing already for yourself. I have been here since 2019, it's why I have racked up so many 😉