Register Now
DC

Milestone Thread

On 4/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, killamch89 said:

I mean, there are some of the older consoles that have gone for $200k or more at auctions because older stuff tend to be listed as antique and because there aren't many around, they tend to cost way more. It all has to do with the Law of Supply and Demand in business.

The ones you're referring to are consoles like the Atari 2600 and NES that are still sealed, CIB, and in literally perfect condition. No dings, no scuffs, no tears in either the box or the plastic wrap. As pristine as it was when it shipped out from the factory. Like I said I have an NES that is CIB including all the manuals and the styrofoam. But the box is rough as hell. I could get its retail price or maybe a little more for it now. Somewhere in the $150-$200 range. You have to be an EXTREMELY wealthy collector for the perfect ones. We're talking the high millions to billions in your bank account if you want these pristine collectables.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, Yaramaki said:

Between my parents place and mine I've got around 11k games and these days I'm a pure japanese region games collector as you may have seen so no it's not going to be same to what blackangel has, besides it's never my intend to compete with her or anybody for that matter, everybody should do their own thing what they like and that should stay that way.

I absolutely agree. I buy and play what I like. That's what I think everyone should be doing. Don't worry about what someone else has. Whether you have 3 games and they have 3,000 games is nothing important, and should never matter. As long as you enjoy those 3, then you're probably ahead of the one with the thousands. Typically because they most likely have a lot that just collect dust because they just don't get to them and/or lost interest in them. It's usually due to burnout from beating it several times. And I'm no exception. I have several classics that I absolutely love, but haven't played in years because I beat them too often and completely burned out on them.

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

@killamch89 has the highest number of messages here at VGR, close little shy away from hitting 20k posts. I wouldn't compete with him, if he stays on, i bet him to have more messages. 

@killamch89 posts his ass off. He is one of the most active members we have. He's here almost every day, and always chips in. I for one have gotten to enjoy reading his posts, as he always has something of real quality to contribute.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:17 PM, Justin11 said:

@killamch89 has the highest number of messages here at VGR, close little shy away from hitting 20k posts. I wouldn't compete with him, if he stays on, i bet him to have more messages. 

It's not a contest to see who has the most posts. On the contrary anyone who sees it that way is doing this all wrong. It's about being active and contributing, and that is not summed up by how many posts you've made. To be fair to @killamch89, he is a very valued contributor who posts in quality as well as quantity, and that's what we like.

Edited by Shagger

29 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It's not a contest to see who has the most post. On the contrary anyone who sees it that way is doing this all wrong. It's about being active and contributing, and that is not summed up by how many posts you've made. 

I agree what does it even matter how many posts you have, i rather do 2-3 posts a day that add something or may be meaningfull instead of posting 30+ posts a day that add next to nothing to the community. But who am i to judge, this has already been discussed before so no need to carry on.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Currently 741 and counting, you're definitely doing already for yourself. I have been here since 2019, it's why I have racked up so many 😉

I also joined the site in 2019. However, I was largely absent from the site until recently.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

@killamch89 posts his ass off. He is one of the most active members we have. He's here almost every day, and always chips in. I for one have gotten to enjoy reading his posts, as he always has something of real quality to contribute.

Notice it too, anytime he's around here, his presence is felt, because he posts a lot and majority of them are top notch. I know it isn't about competition, but I must applaud someone who is eager to bring quality here every time he's around.  

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

He's one of my favorite guys here in the community. I believe it's why I probably nominate him almost all the time whenever it's time for member of the month 😉

On 4/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, Shagger said:

It's not a contest to see who has the most post. On the contrary anyone who sees it that way is doing this all wrong. It's about being active and contributing, and that is not summed up by how many posts you've made. To be fair to @killamch89, he is a very valued contributor who posts in quality as well as quantity, and that's what we like.

Valid point - it really isn't a contest. I enjoy the community and I enjoy interacting with you guys so I'll post when I can.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, Yaramaki said:

I agree what does it even matter how many posts you have, i rather do 2-3 posts a day that add something or may be meaningfull instead of posting 30+ posts a day that add next to nothing to the community. But who am i to judge, this has already been discussed before so no need to carry on.

That's fine too - everyone is unique and can contribute in their own way.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, Yaramaki said:

Ha it wasen't that special to be honest i already forgot i posted that,  it was video game collecting related what else could it be and if you're really wondering what it was, i finished up my japanese neo geo pocket system collection, one of my favourite handhelds of all time, yeah it's about time that i get a life :

eSrfTZR.jpg

They look so cool. It's just like my Nintendo Switch is my favorite handheld right now, I can't pick another ahead of it just yet. 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's fine too - everyone is unique and can contribute in their own way.

This is absolutely why you will always remain my favorite person around here. That level of acceptance that people are different and unique in their own way of contribution sets you apart from the crowd. 

Never you change my friend.