Register Now
killamch89

Which one do you prefer: Phone Call or Text?

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Text. It's less of a hassle, unless you're in the car. I've had too many harassing calls, so if I don't recognize the number immediately, I won't even answer the phone. If you want to talk to me, your only option is text.

For me, it depends on what needs to be discussed and how much time I have to spare. A phone call can resolve most things pretty quickly but if it's just a casual conversation, I don't mind text at all. Plus it also depends on where you are because it's inconvenient to take a phone call in certain places especially when it's noisy.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:10 AM, Empire said:

Probably call. It's more personal and every detail can be discussed quickly and easily. Better than texting back and forth for hours, waiting for a reply, guessing if this or that was meant this or that way, ironic or not, Calling is my preferred way.

Calling is great for business and important stuff that you need an instant reply to or needs to be addressed urgently. I'm fine with text as a method of communication in more casual or relaxed situations.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

I hate it when people text me" "Call me".

I'm gonna start calling people and when they answer, I'm gonna say: "Text me", and hang up.

There's a feature we have for prepaid phones were someone can send you text asking for phone credit - I absolutely despise it. As a matter of fact, I pretend not to see it on purpose.

I used a TracFone for years, because I couldn't afford to get on any kind of plan with a typical cell phone. I blocked texting on every phone I had because they always ate up my time that I had bought. They just weren't worth it. But eventually I was able to get on a plan with AT&T and got an iPhone. If I had to, I would go back to using TracFone, but I wouldn't be exactly thrilled about having to do it.