Register Now
killamch89

Beer or Wine?

Beer. But If I had my choice of everything, it's hands down 100 proof whiskey. Tequila is good, a cold beer can be good (I would prefer a soda to be honest) but a few shots of warm, sour mash whiskey is where my preference lies. None of that nasty ass sweet shit the Canadians make. If it doesn't come out of either Kentucky or Tennessee, it's not whiskey. Proven fact.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I'm a cider person and that's all I drink, once in a blue moon 😉 

I was talking more along the lines of alcoholic beverages...

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Beer. But If I had my choice of everything, it's hands down 100 proof whiskey. Tequila is good, a cold beer can be good (I would prefer a soda to be honest) but a few shots of warm, sour mash whiskey is where my preference lies. None of that nasty ass sweet shit the Canadians make. If it doesn't come out of either Kentucky or Tennessee, it's not whiskey. Proven fact.

100% Whiskey feels like your whole respiratory system is on fire - I've had it before and it's no joke.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Cider is alcoholic drinks. strongbow CIder that's 4.5% alcohol. DOesn't have much but still a drink to have with your mates where is having a beer. You ask and I say I drink CIder rather then Beer and wine. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

100% Whiskey feels like your whole respiratory system is on fire - I've had it before and it's no joke.

I said 100 proof, not 100%. 100 proof is 50% alcohol. Everclear is 190 proof, which is 95% pure alcohol. I've drank it straight before, and it's beyond the words I have in my vocabulary. I don't care how strong your alcohol tolerance is, or how strong you think it is. Drinking it straight is a stupid idea. If you just want to know what it tastes like alone, then less than half a shot is fine ONE TIME. But Everclear was made to be in a mixed drink anyway, and not drank straight. Except by stupid ass frat boys. One shared bottle of it in a night is enough to give everyone involved alcohol poisoning. It has more alcohol in it than rubbing alcohol and moonshine combined. And it's sold legally. I currently have a bottle of it to sterilize things and clean wounds. Among other practical purposes. I can drink, but I don't screw with that shit.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 7/1/2021 at 5:39 AM, Empire said:

Cider is alcoholic drinks. strongbow CIder that's 4.5% alcohol. DOesn't have much but still a drink to have with your mates where is having a beer. You ask and I say I drink CIder rather then Beer and wine. 

Oh okay - I've never really heard of anyone drink Cider as an alcoholic beverage of choice before.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:44 AM, The Blackangel said:

I said 100 proof, not 100%. 100 proof is 50% alcohol. Everclear is 190 proof, which is 95% pure alcohol. I've drank it straight before, and it's beyond the words I have in my vocabulary. I don't care how strong your alcohol tolerance is, or how strong you think it is. Drinking it straight is a stupid idea. If you just want to know what it tastes like alone, then less than half a shot is fine ONE TIME. But Everclear was made to be in a mixed drink anyway, and not drank straight. Except by stupid ass frat boys. One shared bottle of it in a night is enough to give everyone involved alcohol poisoning. It has more alcohol in it than rubbing alcohol and moonshine combined. And it's sold legally. I currently have a bottle of it to sterilize things and clean wounds. Among other practical purposes. I can drink, but I don't screw with that shit.

This was always my issue with alcohol - How comes they sell some of these dangerous concoctions legally but criminalized things like marijuana up to a few years ago?

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oh okay - I've never really heard of anyone drink Cider as an alcoholic beverage of choice before.

strongbow.jpg

Say what, you never had CIder???  COME ON MAN

Get your hands on one and enjoy, that's a order and you will love it 🙂 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This was always my issue with alcohol - How comes they sell some of these dangerous concoctions legally but criminalized things like marijuana up to a few years ago?

Because aside from the prohibition era, alcohol has always been legal regardless of its strength. The issue with moonshine is that it is made secretly and thus isn't taxed. In the 19th century, everything was legal, and often prescribed by doctors. Cocaine was an ingredient in Coca-Cola. Heroin was ironically a remedy for addiction. And the word "Heroin" is actually a brand name and not a generic name. There were drug dens that people would go to which were places specifically set up to get high in. That's where we got the term "drug den".

But Nixon's "war on drugs" made every intoxicant but alcohol illegal. Despite it proved, even back then, that marijuana is nowhere near as harmful as alcohol.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:05 AM, The Blackangel said:

Because aside from the prohibition era, alcohol has always been legal regardless of its strength. The issue with moonshine is that it is made secretly and thus isn't taxed. In the 19th century, everything was legal, and often prescribed by doctors. Cocaine was an ingredient in Coca-Cola. Heroin was ironically a remedy for addiction. And the word "Heroin" is actually a brand name and not a generic name. There were drug dens that people would go to which were places specifically set up to get high in. That's where we got the term "drug den".

But Nixon's "war on drugs" made every intoxicant but alcohol illegal. Despite it proved, even back then, that marijuana is nowhere near as harmful as alcohol.

I remember when the "war on drugs" started - one sham of an operation and it hasn't achieved anything.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:34 AM, The Blackangel said:

26.jpg

To be fair, I'd also be confused 🤣🤣🤣