Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut

Hoping for a free upgrade, but again for the PS5, I do not see that coming, then again I might be wrong?.

It's such a beautiful game the DualSense haptic feedback and Japanese lip sync are game changers for me

The Director's Cut includes a new DLC. We can assume that it's not worth buying the whole disc again just for a DLC, but if you got a ps5, then it also has the haptic feedback and Japanese lip sync. If you don't have the disc, then buying the Director's Cut would be worth it for sure if the price is reasonable. Because the main game is awesome, the free Legends DLC is awesome, and I can imagine the new DLC would make it a great set to own. 

Here is some pricing estimates of just buying the regular game, then adding the DLC, or buy the whole Director's Cut. I like having the hard disc complete, so for me the set would have been ideal over requiring the internet to download DLC. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/07/04/sonys-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-is-just-dlc-which-is-the-root-of-this-pricing-confusion/

On 7/7/2021 at 12:10 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The Director's Cut includes a new DLC. We can assume that it's not worth buying the whole disc again just for a DLC, but if you got a ps5, then it also has the haptic feedback and Japanese lip sync. If you don't have the disc, then buying the Director's Cut would be worth it for sure if the price is reasonable. Because the main game is awesome, the free Legends DLC is awesome, and I can imagine the new DLC would make it a great set to own. 

Here is some pricing estimates of just buying the regular game, then adding the DLC, or buy the whole Director's Cut. I like having the hard disc complete, so for me the set would have been ideal over requiring the internet to download DLC. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/07/04/sonys-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-is-just-dlc-which-is-the-root-of-this-pricing-confusion/

You are absolutely correct about if the price is decent enough, then it's a good decision buying the Director's Cut. I'm actually thinking towards it already.