Register Now
killamch89

What odd talent do you have?

20 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

That sounds like a double skill to me! Or double trouble? Is it mostly friends or family that you can do that to because if it were me it'd probably be family LOL

Mostly, acquaintances.

My friends and family already know how I am.

I can and do beat any video game that I play (and like enough) through obsessive persistence, with a few exceptions (so far):  Though I tried EXTREMELY hard, I haven't yet been able to beat Gradius 3 (PS2 version), and...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Rodin from Bayonetta 2

***END SPOILERS***

It's been at least a few years since I tried either of these, but they are a couple of life goals for me (along with Gradius 4 and 5, which I haven't really tried yet).

Edited by Steerminator

15 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I can and do beat any video game that I play (and like enough) through obsessive persistence, with a few exceptions (so far):  Though I tried EXTREMELY hard, I haven't yet been able to beat Gradius 3 (PS2 version), and...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Rodin from Bayonetta 2

***END SPOILERS***

It's been at least a few years since I tried either of these, but they are a couple of life goals for me (along with Gradius 4 and 5, which I haven't really tried yet).

That's not much of a talent as much as it's too much determination - I was like that but I had to teach myself that some things are just not worth that kind of energy especially if they don't help to improve your real life situation in any way. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's not much of a talent as much as it's too much determination - I was like that but I had to teach myself that some things are just not worth that kind of energy especially if they don't help to improve your real life situation in any way. 

Fair enough.  But video games are my favorite thing to do in life.  It "improves" my real life situation by giving me something to live for.  After all, what good is life if there's nothing left to be passionate about after you get through all the mundane things that you -need- to do just to survive and live comfortably enough?