Register Now
skyfire

Sailfish OS

I don;t know how many of you even know about this OS as it is on some of the norway based phones. 

I thought I should share about this. There are some models out but not a lot known about the demand of this phone. 

The recent OS update can be seen here. 

From what I understand it's based on Linux and (much like Linux) it's sometimes used by software developers to test their apps since it's offers more flexibility when it comes to control.  It's not really commercially viable because if compatibility issues and a low user base though.

17 hours ago, Empire said:

I never even known ot heard about this before, I'm a fully newbie at this. What's the system pecs needed to run and does it really offer far greater then any other? 

Jolla is the device on which it is working. The official team says some of the sony and samsung devices where the OS is ported. So there are some progress points for the OS. I am not sure however if it's gaming level device/OS because I am not aware of their app store or means to install games or how much capable default Jolla phones are for the gamers. 

Edited by skyfire