Register Now
IanH

NINTENDO SWITCH OLED. opinions?

On 7/8/2021 at 11:10 PM, Shole said:

Well they are milking it as much as they can. The storage update should've been done better, if phones can have 200+ gb then the switch should too, but it might be the cooling that's the problem with getting a bigger storage, dunno not an expert.

The look is underwhelming, from the video, but well it's just like a mini update, not worth the buy.

It is only worth a buy if you are new buyer. Like say steam deck is not out and if you want to give that as a gift then OLED is better buy. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:45 AM, skyfire said:

It is only worth a buy if you are new buyer. Like say steam deck is not out and if you want to give that as a gift then OLED is better buy. 

But the Oled screen hardly does anything so why would you get it instead of the original Switch? They both offer the same features more or less, same hardware with a $50 bump in price?!

It's just the new supply and consumer would not want to look at the old make as the salesman trying to sell the parents would be pushing for new model. If you have experienced the mall salesman or the shop salesman who sell the stuff you would get the idea of what I mean. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:44 AM, skyfire said:

It's just the new supply and consumer would not want to look at the old make as the salesman trying to sell the parents would be pushing for new model. If you have experienced the mall salesman or the shop salesman who sell the stuff you would get the idea of what I mean. 

True - parents are pretty gullible so they'll want the latest model without knowing that it isn't an upgrade on the older device just to please their kids.

Yeah and that was the plan of Nintendo too I suppose. Like samsung and others pump out TV with minor changes each year like babies. I mean there was one TV which was minor variation of HD to QHD and another OLED with new feature change of office included in TV. lol

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and that was the plan of Nintendo too I suppose. Like samsung and others pump out TV with minor changes each year like babies. I mean there was one TV which was minor variation of HD to QHD and another OLED with new feature change of office included in TV. lol

Targeting gullible and naïve parents has always been Nintendo's strategy so I wouldn't be surprised if it actually worked. That being said, I really hope the Steam Deck does really well to bring back so competition to the handheld gaming market.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:05 AM, skyfire said:

I like his videos and his opinion on most things is pretty balanced one. He does review Apple stuff too but openly says he uses windows and linux the most lol. 

Yeah Dave2D is one of my favorite tech YouTubers for his unbiased reviews on tech products. I like that he's not afraid to call out some companies on their BS when they try to fool us the consumers.

Yes his review is the one that got me excited about the steam deck. I think he did fairly balanced review and not attacked it just because he likes switch or some bigger console he can't carry on couch. I hated a lot of youtubers when they attack mobile or switch or even steam deck because they have high opinions about those  devices. But Dave has pretty balanced opinion. 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes his review is the one that got me excited about the steam deck. I think he did fairly balanced review and not attacked it just because he likes switch or some bigger console he can't carry on couch. I hated a lot of youtubers when they attack mobile or switch or even steam deck because they have high opinions about those  devices. But Dave has pretty balanced opinion. 

Some are shills for big companies like Nintendo and get sponsored by them so that's why they act the way they do about certain things.

Yes a lot of them are like that. Especially the apple supporters. They kind of get paid I suppose. Because who would praise apple text editing over Microsoft office suite that so many people use that apple can never compete with. Yet a lot of youtubers are manipulating their reviews just because it's apple. 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:20 AM, skyfire said:

Yes a lot of them are like that. Especially the apple supporters. They kind of get paid I suppose. Because who would praise apple text editing over Microsoft office suite that so many people use that apple can never compete with. Yet a lot of youtubers are manipulating their reviews just because it's apple. 

Yeah - it's such a disgusting practice and also dishonest. They should be called out on their fraudulent activities but the media keeps quiet about this because they're guilty of the same.