Register Now
ZandraJoi

Gaming News websites

For those who are new to Gaming, are there any websites you would recommend to be up to date with the latest information? The only one I know of that sounds good is PCGamer. What sort of information do you look for in these websites? How often does it change? 

I don't think there is one good site. IGN is extremely saddist when it comes to game and TV reviews. Polygon is tangent with their own content. But yeah I prefer reading all the news on random basis and not stick with one source. 

Giant Bomb, I always recommend these guys. In terms of written content they aren't amazing for sure, they all mostly tend to contribute in this realm though not too often, they really only have a hand full of primary writer at this point at least. For news I'd say they are decent, you'll get good news pieces from Austin Walker, the main written content producer at the moment. In terms of just articles like opinion pieces or even reviews they are a little less frequent.

THen you can do on reddit selection of reviews of games on what people say 🙂 

In all honesty, I get my news here. VGR keeps me up to date on everything I would care about. The members here are always posting articles that keep us all up to date on what's going on.

Aside from that, you can always try YouTube. YougYea is always keeping up with the news, and always referenced here with his videos linked. I'm sure he's not the only one. You can try AVGN, but to my knowledge he's more satire with the gaming side of Cinemassacre. I don't think they really do much in the news area.

I mostly get my news from here, but I'm more for reading the headlines. While I do like when people link YongYea's videos, who does a good roundup, I like to go to PC Gamer for the articles. GameIndustry Biz is my absolute favourite for news from people within the industry, especially for regular interviews on what job roles entail and the more in-depth side of development.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:55 AM, skyfire said:

I don't think there is one good site. IGN is extremely saddist when it comes to game and TV reviews. Polygon is tangent with their own content. But yeah I prefer reading all the news on random basis and not stick with one source. 

Yeah Polygon and ING are just trash lately, you are better off with youtubers showing new videos or announcing new games and what they think.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:55 AM, skyfire said:

Seriously, this is spot. There is no way you would expect to get information from just one source. It's always going to leave you biased from using only one source.