Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you tweak game rules?

My husband & I play games with my parents often. My mom & I also tend to play our own games i.e. Upwords, Dominoes. We have a term- "tweak". We are constantly tweaking the rules. I really cannot say what we have done because we have been doing it for so many years, I don't know what rules we redid & what rules were original lol Gist, we make it fun! :) 

What about you? Do you tend to change the rules to fit the people involved? To make it all the more fun? 

When my daughter was younger and we played games I would kind of let some of the rules just slip. I didn't care about winning as much as she did. Sometimes if her dice ended up weird I'd just let her roll again instead of demanding she take what was mostly showing on top.

Like most everyone else, we always tweaked the rules at Monopoly. If you drew a card that made you pay money, landed on a spot that made you pay money, or paid to get out of jail, you would put it in the middle of the board. Landing on free parking got you all the money. If you landed directly on the Start square you got $400 instead of $200. There was something else that was house rule, but I can't remember what the hell it was.