Register Now
Patrik

Fixes that make no sense, but still fixed your game

20 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I had an absolute ballache getting Mad Max to run. If I knew it was that easy, I would've done that instead! That made me laugh, thanks Patrik!

Glad that this joke actually helped you, not actually a joke, but one of many WTF moments you experience as a gamer xD

14 minutes ago, m76 said:

Call of Duty infinite warfare wouldn't run properly, it kept crashing or running very poorly with stuttering. Turning off anti-virus software was the fix.

That's not actually that surprising. Some anti-virus programs can really hoard a computer's hardware resources. That can be especially true if that particular antivirus software software is, let's say, "paranoid" about a program accessing the internet to function like a game such as COD would. Truthfully, software like Norton and McAfee are far more trouble than they're worth 

Edited by Shagger

41 minutes ago, Shagger said:

That's not actually that surprising. Some anti-virus programs can really hoard a computer's hardware resources. That can be especially true if that particular antivirus software software is, let's say, "paranoid" about a program accessing the internet to function like a game such as COD would. Truthfully, software like Norton and McAfee are far more trouble than they're worth 

No, it's not about hoarding resources. It is a specific incompatibility between certain anti virus software and the game. Probably because of the invasive DRM included.

Turning off discord because it somehow messes up my nba2k online experience, I dunno why.

Also not being able to play minecraft windows version due to windows update being bugged. Had to reinstall windows to play it....It's so stupid that it's so connected.

23 hours ago, m76 said:

Call of Duty infinite warfare wouldn't run properly, it kept crashing or running very poorly with stuttering. Turning off anti-virus software was the fix.

Exactly, I had the same experience with my Final Fantasy XV as it kept on crashing but immediately I had the anti virus off, it worked just fine. 

Can be the same for GTA4 - We tend to break it more with mods and then people came out with mods to fix the game to run it far better so that mods can run better 😛  GTA was released unstable game in the first place. It run fine just that it was always not stable and made modding the game worse in that matter. 

Never did played Mad Max 😞 Just gave up trying to spoke it out of the window after 5mins of not running the damn game. 

On 7/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, Patrik said:

I remember that if i wanted to run Mad Max on pc, i had to change the time on my pc to the chinese timezone LOL, the game kept refusing to start and i kept searching in forums till i came across this solution that made absolutely no sense, but it actually works.

did you encounter anything similar?

Change of timezone, really? This is very hilarious because I can't really link up how it helps to fix the problem of not starting. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Change of timezone, really? This is very hilarious because I can't really link up how it helps to fix the problem of not starting. 

that's exactly what this topic is about NONSENSE 😄

On 7/9/2021 at 1:40 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly, I had the same experience with my Final Fantasy XV as it kept on crashing but immediately I had the anti virus off, it worked just fine. 

It is actually a serious problem that I have faced many a times. These antiviruses most of the times block the games from starting up. 

I previously had avast antivirus, and later shifted to Kaspersky, but both of them showed similar problems. At present, I don't have any antivirus and working with Microsoft firewall defender only. That works just fine.

On 7/18/2021 at 8:52 AM, Razor1911 said:

It is actually a serious problem that I have faced many a times. These antiviruses most of the times block the games from starting up. 

I previously had avast antivirus, and later shifted to Kaspersky, but both of them showed similar problems. At present, I don't have any antivirus and working with Microsoft firewall defender only. That works just fine.

Seriously, I kept wondering why such kept happening that way because under a normal circumstances, I believe the anti virus was even supposed to help the game play well. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I kept wondering why such kept happening that way because under a normal circumstances, I believe the anti virus was even supposed to help the game play well. 

Actually, those antiviruses unknowingly restricts the .exe file to execute. Sometime even after installation, my main exe files get auto removed by these AVs.

Antiviruses actually just do their task to prevent any possible malware program from opening. And such third party games files are also a part of that.