Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

China is using facial recognition to limit the time allowed for people playing games under 18 yrs old

On 10/11/2021 at 6:38 AM, Justin11 said:

I got the message you pointed out here. The impact of movies in the lives of the children wouldn't be comparable to the effect of gaming in their lives. You can easily get away with movie addiction after some days but gaming is endless, if you play together you'll still come over to play again, and the addition continues. 

Exactly - it's a never-ending cycle when it comes to gaming. There's always something that's there to be discovered. Movies for the most part can't sustain that kind of attention for an extended period of time like games can. I've known of people playing videogames for 72 hours straight. You won't find movie addicts who are anywhere as dedicated as that...

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - it's a never-ending cycle when it comes to gaming. There's always something that's there to be discovered. Movies for the most part can't sustain that kind of attention for an extended period of time like games can. I've known of people playing videogames for 72 hours straight. You won't find movie addicts who are anywhere as dedicated as that...

It's only one seasonal movie called 24 hours that got me hooked up to it very bad when it came out. I watched it for more than 72 hours without taking a break. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My mum is a home mother, she can watch movie more than 134 hours straight if their is constant electricity. That's not an excuse why the Chinese government will restrict children from gaming and leaving out movies. Their are still plenty in the country that are still movie addicts. 

It's easy for governments to attack the gaming community because it's generally young adults and children. They wouldn't dare limit hours if the general population engaged in gaming. I think the motivation is to free up the satellites along with making a facial recognition database and profile of people. People get addicted to tv and just surfing the internet and their social media. With their population size, we will see what future laws they pass limiting internet usage. Right now the easy thing to do is target young people and gaming. I imagine the facial recognition will eventually be used for anyone with a computer and tv. They will keep tightening the ropes little by little as it gets more and more accepted. 

2 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, with their population seize I don't think China can come out on top on this one knowing how many hours children are burning on their various homes for video game. 

Oh trust me - the Chinese government doesn't have an issue violating human rights and will go to extremely lengths to ensure that it gets done.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Oh trust me - the Chinese government doesn't have an issue violating human rights and will go to extremely lengths to ensure that it gets done.

No problem if that's the case with the Chinese government. I believe they are simply doing all this things protecting their own children from the dangers associated with video games addiction. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

No problem if that's the case with the Chinese government. I believe they are simply doing all this things protecting their own children from the dangers associated with video games addiction. 

Nope - It's to further their agenda whatever it is.