Register Now
StaceyPowers

What difficulty level do you try first with a new game?

I always select the hardest level after playing the game, because I want to feel like I've gotten the most out of any particular game I've bought. If it's too easy (especially for FPS games) I feel like I'm playing a point-and-click adventure game with no challenge. I'm not trying to pretend that I'm all elite and shit, I get my ass handed to me a ton of the time, but I still only feel like I've really earned the win when it's as hard as possible. Probably masochistic, but whatever.

It varies. Sometimes I go for the easiest setting for my very first playthrough so that I can get the mechanics down, and know how the game flows. After that I either play on normal, or hard. The only game off the top of my head that I play that has a difficulty setting is Hatred though. And the difficulty setting on it just determines how thick the cops are for the most part.

Start of default then turn it up, down, or leave as is depending on how the game is balanced. I might also change it depending on the situation mid game. For example, I feel the magic in Skyrim is horribly balanced, so might turn it down clearing out place inhabited by mages. I will make an effort on a higher difficulty for re-plays though.

I always put mine on Normal starting out but I never put it on easy as I can't say why anyone wouldn't at least want a fair challenge. To me it's a good mix of not too hard but also a challenge. That seems to be the standard play setting for any game I play.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:16 AM, Heatman said:

At first, I start with difficulty and see how difficult the game can be, then see the level I can get with that level of difficulty before going to default. 

So you guys re-visit the same mission again? I normally choose medium/Average difficulty, and complete the whole game with it. I neither choose too easy nor too difficult. I know, once I finish one episode or mission, I won't play that again.

15 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

So you guys re-visit the same mission again? I normally choose medium/Average difficulty, and complete the whole game with it. I neither choose too easy nor too difficult. I know, once I finish one episode or mission, I won't play that again.

Of course yes, I do revisit some of the games that I play especially when I really love that particular game. 

Just now, The Blackangel said:

If I'm misunderstanding something here let me know. But what the hell is the purpose of playing a game only one time, and then never playing it again once you've beaten it?

I seriously wonder that as well because just a one time spin off win wouldn't give me full satisfaction of the game.