Register Now
StaceyPowers

Gaming and self-esteem

8 hours ago, LukeChester said:

I also heard about decreased/increased self-esteem while gaming from my friends and colleagues. I try to be easy about it. It's just a game, eventually, and it shouldn't impact my real life.

Seriously, it's very funny in my opinion how some people allow something that's supposed to add flair to their lives to add pains. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's very funny in my opinion how some people allow something that's supposed to add flair to their lives to add pains. 

This is kind of how I view sports, and people who are incredibly into them.  Its really confusing to me (largely, I'm sure, because I'm not competitive and don't understand the appeal of sports in the first place if you're not actually playing them).  People who love to follow sports get so incredibly emotional about whether team X wins against team Y or not, and when I see people getting super outraged or depressed that Team X is losing or whatever, its just mind boggling to me.  I'll never understand it.

3 hours ago, Steerminator said:

This is kind of how I view sports, and people who are incredibly into them.  Its really confusing to me (largely, I'm sure, because I'm not competitive and don't understand the appeal of sports in the first place if you're not actually playing them).  People who love to follow sports get so incredibly emotional about whether team X wins against team Y or not, and when I see people getting super outraged or depressed that Team X is losing or whatever, its just mind boggling to me.  I'll never understand it.

Seriously, it's quite funny to and at the same it bugs me because there have been some cases where some fans went extremely off the line with how they react to others all in the name of their emotional outbursts. 

3 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Seriously, it's quite funny to and at the same it bugs me because there have been some cases where some fans went extremely off the line with how they react to others all in the name of their emotional outbursts.