Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do most players overestimate or underestimate their performance in games?

Sometimes I watch someone gaming who thinks they are doing terrible, and they are actually doing fine or even well. Other times, I run into just the opposite. Do you think most players overestimate or underestimate how they perform in games?

On 7/9/2021 at 4:10 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Sometimes I watch someone gaming who thinks they are doing terrible, and they are actually doing fine or even well. Other times, I run into just the opposite. Do you think most players overestimate or underestimate how they perform in games?

That mostly happens when I watch those live streams. It actually because the gamer wants the stream to be entertaining by taking some unethical tasks. 

If you play a game just normal, it will become dull and boring. To make it entertaining, you need to do something stupid. And for that those gamers, even playing fine, regret for not doing any non sense thing. 😆

The majority I think overestimate their abilities. It's like that in most aspects of life. In my opinion it's a humility and modesty issue. If you're a master at a game, you're free to admit it. But if you suck, don't boast about your ability when you have none. I can't play a guitar (yet) so I can't go around boasting about my "ability". I know everything about the game play of Zelda Link To The Past (SNES) so I'm free to admit that.

In my case I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. But the former would be the bigger category.

Most overestimate their abilities to a point where you wonder what they base their pointless bragging on. Most of the times when I obliterate people in PVP, they accuse me of being a cheat lol. The worst part is, if any of them had any sort of skills like the best fighters in said game, they'd have made me have to fight far harder.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most overestimate their abilities to a point where you wonder what they base their pointless bragging on. Most of the times when I obliterate people in PVP, they accuse me of being a cheat lol. The worst part is, if any of them had any sort of skills like the best fighters in said game, they'd have made me have to fight far harder.

Haha, I actually felt like that in my playing of PVP in Frontline Commando and it was so annoying because I really felt like I was good till I got my ass handed to me.