Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are your biggest pet peeves about your favorite games?

1. GTA 5 online: Lots of Hackers/Modders, Overpowered vehicles such as the Mark II Oppressor, Tryhards, Grievers, Trolls, Toxic players
  2. Skyrim and Fallout 4: LOTS of bugs and glitches
  3. Rocket League - Toxic Players and Trolls (not as much as other games but still...)
  4. DMC 5 - haven't quite thought of one yet
  5. NFS: Heat - scripting which makes it impossible to win some races (Not unique to NFS, is a feature in modern EA titles to simulate "difficulty".
  6. MK 11 - lag in online games (only game that I have this much of an issue with).

One thing that does annoy me about HZD and several other good 3rd person games is the fact that the foliage behind the character obscures your view when you try to line up a shot from inside cover. A Plague's Tale: Innocence had the foliage fade so you could see what you're doing and I thought "Why doesn't every game of this design do this?".

Not being able to shoot past a bridge in RDR2. If you're aiming at something on the other side of a bridge, you won't hit it. The bridge will take your bullet every single time. You can't shoot across them. No matter what you're shooting at or why. No matter what weapon you're using. Firearm or bow. You can not shoot across the bridge. It fucking pisses me off constantly.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, Family sedan said:

I wish GT6 had better graphics, but then again I play using a really lame TV.

I too played it when it was initially launched. The graphics as well as gameplay was not upto that mark. It's competitors like NFS or DIRT had better graphics and gameplay at that time.

I played NFS Most Wanted for whole year 2014. That was my early College days, and I was fond of such racing games. 

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I too played it when it was initially launched. The graphics as well as gameplay was not upto that mark. It's competitors like NFS or DIRT had better graphics and gameplay at that time.

I played NFS Most Wanted for whole year 2014. That was my early College days, and I was fond of such racing games. 

I don't think of NFS games as a true competitor to Gran Turismo games.  I think of it as a different style of driving.

12 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I hate when the system lags and it's usually at a really good part in the game! Either that or it totally gives out on me which hasn't happened in a long time but maybe I'm jinxing it now? It really spoils the momentum when stuff like that happens.

I believe it's something that's got to do with the system storage or RAM in particular. I can remember it happened often with my mobile phone in the past. 

The first time I ever tried Skyrim, I got to the very first town after you escape from the dragon, and encountered a game breaking bug. I was inside the house with the guy I escaped with, and suddenly the camera started pulsing in and out of focus and slowly spinning around in circles. It didn't matter what I did, nothing got me out of it. I had to shut the game down, and hadn't even saved. That has soured me on Skyrim ever since. I've tried the game several times, but simply can't get into it.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:42 AM, Empire said:

I say we wish that all games has had better graphics and also those that does and amazing has better performance then being lagging on a gaming high rig. 

Good graphics is one of the best things that can happen to any game either for PC, console or mobile. Without it, the game is utter rubbish in my opinion.