Register Now
killamch89

Assassin's Creed Infinity Announced, Fans Dismayed As Ubisoft Turns Series Into Full Live Service

When something similar was pitched by a fan years ago, the intention was to give each game more development time by holding over players with extra content during the year or two a game doesn't release. It's not necessarily a bad idea, but I'm sure Ubisoft will find a way to fuck it up, Assassin’s Creed: Infinity. Immediately limited by being a Live Service platform. The irony is quite thick.

Those mofu bastards! For me personally, I hate the idea because something like that will eat up all my satellite gigabytes. If they can make it where there is a single player mode and offline mode, where I can just update whatever new setting they add as they go, then it could work. I don't see any reason why you would constantly need the internet if you aren't playing against or with other people. The whole thing I loved about AC games was being able to explore beautiful worlds. I don't need some shit head running around in there with me. I don't think everything is clear at this point, but they better not leave out the single player offline mode fan base. Cause they would just cut me off from their series. Hope you hear this Ubisoft. You deaf? And get your employees straight you bigots. You're losing it. 

On 7/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, Shagger said:

Well, I won't be buying another AC after Valhalla (If I even buy that). Thanks for saving me money Ubisoft.

Same thing I said - Live service games are a big no for me.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:19 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Those mofu bastards! For me personally, I hate the idea because something like that will eat up all my satellite gigabytes. If they can make it where there is a single player mode and offline mode, where I can just update whatever new setting they add as they go, then it could work. I don't see any reason why you would constantly need the internet if you aren't playing against or with other people. The whole thing I loved about AC games was being able to explore beautiful worlds. I don't need some shit head running around in there with me. I don't think everything is clear at this point, but they better not leave out the single player offline mode fan base. Cause they would just cut me off from their series. Hope you hear this Ubisoft. You deaf? And get your employees straight you bigots. You're losing it. 

To be fair, Ubisoft has been following EA's method of shooting themselves in the foot a lot since lately so I wasn't surprised when they did something stupid like this. No they won't have a separate single-player experience and even if they do, it'll be extremely lackluster and it won't get any new content at all because that's not the priority. 

On 7/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, killamch89 said:

Well everyone, we knew this was coming because they had announced it months prior and now Assassin's Creed has gone full Live Service. I know that @Reality vs Adventure will definitely be pissed and the rest of us will probably disappointed but is anyone at all satisfied with this shit?

Seriously, a lot of gamers are going be very disappointed with Ubisoft for doing this to AC, and they may certainly not buy another one it.