Register Now
Lämmchen

Your Sports Hero?

Who is your sports hero? Why did you choose that person?

Mine is Michael Jordan from the Chicago Bulls. Whenever I think of top player of any sport, MJ always comes to mind. His drive to win at any cost sets him above other players, plus, wow, the technique and the ability to achieve the unachievable is incredible. I still enjoy watching old clips of games where there are seconds on the clock and he pulls out a win! Amazing.

Mine is Pavel Datsyuk. He was called The Magician, and that is a well earned nickname. His skill on the ice is unmatched. I went to a game in St. Louis to watch the Red Wings take on the blues. We were down by 2 points and had 3 minutes left in the third period. He pulled it out and we scored 3 and won the game.  He got a couple assists and a goal. There was also a game I was watching on TV and he was going by the net and jumped over an opponents stick, shot behind himself, and scored. No other player in the NHL could do the things he could pull off. Unfortunately he retired and is now playing professionally in his home country of Russia. Iwish he would come back as we've had several bad seasons lately. But Lidstrom also retired, then we lost Zetterburg to injury. Our best 3 players. We also lost Howard to retirement in 2020.

Mine was Colin McRae the Scottish rally driver because of his fearless way of driving and his goal was always to push his cars way beyond his limits. It showed in how he made some of the most insane drifts and crazy jumps and windy roads were like casual stroll down the street for him. He was one of the reasons why I ever bought a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti in the first place and my passion for rally cars developed. It's sad that he died in a helicopter crash - he will never be forgotten.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, Justin11 said:

I've plenty of them on sports. Roger F is one of them. The F1 legend always impress me with his amazing driving skills. Messi, Neymar Jr is my two favourites in the world of soccer. 

Roger Federer isn't an F1 driver though - he's a tennis star. Are you sure you aren't talking about someone else?

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Roger Federer isn't an F1 driver though - he's a tennis star. Are you sure you aren't talking about someone else?

Sorry, it was simply lost of memory, I wanted to say 'Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton is on my mind, I don't know why I keep on mentioning tennis super star "F Roger. No doubt F. Roger is my number one tennis star that's why the name keeps ringing on my mind. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sorry, it was simply lost of memory, I wanted to say 'Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton is on my mind, I don't know why I keep on mentioning tennis super star "F Roger. No doubt F. Roger is my number one tennis star that's why the name keeps ringing on my mind. 

I also like Lewis Hamilton - he's a guy that even when he does poorly he brushes himself off and gets back to winning ways quickly.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I also like Lewis Hamilton - he's a guy that even when he does poorly he brushes himself off and gets back to winning ways quickly.

Yes, Lewis Hamilton is super legendary figure in the history of F1 race. He has won formula 1 grand champs many times in his fledging career. 

I agree with the OP that Michael Jordan was a hero.  Anyway, I'm not much into sports, but his story stands out so much.  In that case, I researched Wikipedia about it.  Of course, the movie Space Jam sparked interest, lol.

Well, MJ was a big player back in the 90s when I was in high school and college.