Register Now
killamch89

What are the best and worst parts of human nature?

The worst part of human nature is that we are sinful. The best part is that we're created in God's image according to my beliefs. There are humans who sacrifice themselves for the sake of others and that's a wonderful thing.

The best part of human nature is that we are innovative. It's impressing all the feats we have done all throughout ancient history as well as today. From the architecture, sciences, and everything in between. Just an example is the Romans found a ship that was shipwrecked during the Punic Wars and used it as a blueprint to build a whole fleet in little time. That was in 260 BC. I really believe we can accomplish anything if we work together. The worst part of human nature is that we can't work together. We are destructive and parasitic and we have proven it throughout our existence.  

For me, both the best and worst parts of being human is the creative imagination.  There's no limit to the wondrous things we can dream up and manifest into reality, given enough time and innovation.  On the flip side, there's no limit to the terrors we can dream up, both existentially and literally.

16 hours ago, Steerminator said:

For me, both the best and worst parts of being human is the creative imagination.  There's no limit to the wondrous things we can dream up and manifest into reality, given enough time and innovation.  On the flip side, there's no limit to the terrors we can dream up, both existentially and literally.

You're point is very valid - it was creative imagination that invented nuclear weapons in the first place and till this day, the areas that were bombed still cannot be re-inhabited even though it's been more than 60 years since world war II.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're point is very valid - it was creative imagination that invented nuclear weapons in the first place and till this day, the areas that were bombed still cannot be re-inhabited even though it's been more than 60 years since world war II.

Forget nuclear; chemical weapons are like the most evil shit ever.

12 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Forget nuclear; chemical weapons are like the most evil shit ever.

Nuclear weapons are chemical in nature albeit the most extreme form but I agree, chemical weapons in general are terrible. The fact that any government think it's okay to do that to their rivals speaks volumes about their concern for humanity.