Register Now
killamch89

What is most likely to bring about the extinction of the human race? How can it be avoided?

Human Stupidity is likely to bring about the extinction of the human race because of idiots developing things like nuclear bombs that can wipe out whole continents. I just know one of those will go off in due time. The only way to avoid this is to get rid of those stupid nuclear weapons. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this issue.

WW3. It's coming, and it will be chemical, biological, and nuclear because tempers will flare and everyone will do whatever they "think" is what it will take to win. We will bring about our own extinction because earth will become uninhabitable due to the war.

13 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

WW3. It's coming, and it will be chemical, biological, and nuclear because tempers will flare and everyone will do whatever they "think" is what it will take to win. We will bring about our own extinction because earth will become uninhabitable due to the war.

I'm pretty sure at least one of those nuclear bombs will go off in our lifetime - it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think war will bring about extinction. A really aggressive microorganism can come close, but people live in such remote places that they will survive such things. I think it will be a natural disaster. All it takes is a dormant volcano or something to melt all the glaciers and under water we all go. Even those remote places will have an impact on their food supply. Or a meteor. Those are sudden extinctions. But we are on track in a slow process to drive ourselves into extinction by contributing to climate change and messing with food crops, and aiding superbugs. If left alone to humans, it will be multiple factors we do that will lead us to a slow annihilation. Unless of course we really do create our own zombie virus. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't think war will bring about extinction. A really aggressive microorganism can come close, but people live in such remote places that they will survive such things. I think it will be a natural disaster. All it takes is a dormant volcano or something to melt all the glaciers and under water we all go. Even those remote places will have an impact on their food supply. Or a meteor. Those are sudden extinctions. But we are on track in a slow process to drive ourselves into extinction by contributing to climate change and messing with food crops, and aiding superbugs. If left alone to humans, it will be multiple factors we do that will lead us to a slow annihilation. Unless of course we really do create our own zombie virus. 

Well there is that one of that one dormant Volcano in Yellowstone Park that if it were to erupt, would literally block out the sun over most of the Earth. The video on that one was insane - they even said that ash would be thrown as far as Australia.

I'm a Christian so my beliefs are that when the Lord returns for Judgment Day that everyone will be judged but those who have faith in the Savior will live in the New Jerusalem (a new earth). Because of these beliefs, I do not think that humans will annihilate themselves or the planet unless those are the end times according to God's will.

4 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I'm a Christian so my beliefs are that when the Lord returns for Judgment Day that everyone will be judged but those who have faith in the Savior will live in the New Jerusalem (a new earth). Because of these beliefs, I do not think that humans will annihilate themselves or the planet unless those are the end times according to God's will.

The bible says that the next time of judgement the world will end in fire, whereas previously it ended in water. So a nuclear WW3 is plausibly the end of days in accordance with what the bible says.

Granted, I'm Satanic and don't believe in any of that, but you being xtian can't deny that it's more than plausible. Your god may choose to use humans as their own demise for his end of days.

Edited by The Blackangel

16 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Whether its climate change or some other such thing, I don't really see the point in trying to prevent it, since sooner or later if all else fails, the sun is going to explode and the galaxy will be uninhabitable.

I stopped worrying about stuff like this years ago especially when it's out of my control. We are going to die one way or another so trying to be on how humanity is going to be wiped out is like betting on how Steve Irwin was going to be killed by a crocodile - and we saw that it was a Stingray that ended him. RIP Steve Irwin.

16 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Whether its climate change or some other such thing, I don't really see the point in trying to prevent it, since sooner or later if all else fails, the sun is going to explode and the galaxy will be uninhabitable.

The way I see it, humans have a responsibility to protect the environment they live in or do what they can to protect Earth and all life in it. Think about your house, or living area; You keep it clean right? You have sanitation to get rid of waste; you protect it; you want it to be comfortable; you have food to eat and clean water. You wouldn't just stand by and let some vandals spray paint it, break down the walls, and leave toxic sludge where you sleep; right? Now go outside, and look around you. That is also your home. Protect it. 

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The way I see it, humans have a responsibility to protect the environment they live in or do what they can to protect Earth and all life in it. Think about your house, or living area; You keep it clean right? You have sanitation to get rid of waste; you protect it; you want it to be comfortable; you have food to eat and clean water. You wouldn't just stand by and let some vandals spray paint it, break down the walls, and leave toxic sludge where you sleep; right? Now go outside, and look around you. That is also your home. Protect it. 

Hahaha... Don't take this the wrong way, but this makes me think of George Carlin's talk about "saving the planet."  He makes fun of the whole concept, but in a way is similar to what you're saying; he says that people don't really care about the planet itself but rather just having a "nice, clean place to live."

16 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah - but humans have always neglected the environment around them but they'll realize too late that we need that environment to survive as well. Instead they just keep destroying the homes of animals and plants just to satisfy their need to build pointless stuff.

The human race is the only one that has this sense of entitlement. Some animals are greedy, but humans are the only entitled ones. That's the reason that they're bringing up their own demise. The human race is going to kill itself, and it's going to make it ugly.