Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather lounge by the pool or on the beach?

Beach all day for me - the cool breeze, the amazing view of the ocean waves, the different animals traversing the waters and the amount of fun activities you can do at a beach. A pool doesn't come remotely close. DO you agree? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Pool! I love the smell of chlorine and I don't have to deal with the crowds. I don't like it that at the beach I'm somewhat stuck for a while until everyone else in the group is ready to go. At least at the pool I can go inside if I want and cool down.

2 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

Pool! I love the smell of chlorine and I don't have to deal with the crowds. I don't like it that at the beach I'm somewhat stuck for a while until everyone else in the group is ready to go. At least at the pool I can go inside if I want and cool down.

But how do you deal with the people that choose to take bathroom breaks in the pool?

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

But how do you deal with the people that choose to take bathroom breaks in the pool?

Since most pools I go in are family members there is always the rule of NO pottying in the pool! When I had my pool, I told the kids if we caught them they'd never be invited over to swim again. That worked  🙂  but then I had to clean up the water on my bathroom floor after they all left.

4 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

Since most pools I go in are family members there is always the rule of NO pottying in the pool! When I had my pool, I told the kids if we caught them they'd never be invited over to swim again. That worked  🙂  but then I had to clean up the water on my bathroom floor after they all left.

Small price to pay when the alternative is swimming in piss.

Depends, In general, beach all the way. The sand, the surf, the waves. Being not far from the ocean makes me feel cool with the air, 10mins drive away in fact. However, being a native also, near the Yorkshire moors, also I can't swim anyway. If swimming is in the cards, my pansy ass is choosing pool 9/10 times.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, Empire said:

Depends, In general, beach all the way. The sand, the surf, the waves. Being not far from the ocean makes me feel cool with the air, 10mins drive away in fact. However, being a native also, near the Yorkshire moors, also I can't swim anyway. If swimming is in the cards, my pansy ass is choosing pool 9/10 times.

Why didn't you learn how to swim since you're so close to the water? I learned how in 7th grade when we had pool time in gym class and the teacher gave me some tips. I'm buoyant so it was easy!

11 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

Why didn't you learn how to swim since you're so close to the water? I learned how in 7th grade when we had pool time in gym class and the teacher gave me some tips. I'm buoyant so it was easy!

Some people are just afraid of the water or always had a fear of going into the water and getting washed away. I learned to swim at 8 years old when we used to go to the beach every weekend.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Some people are just afraid of the water or always had a fear of going into the water and getting washed away. I learned to swim at 8 years old when we used to go to the beach every weekend.

That's true. I forgot that there are people who just don't like being around water. I don't like swimming with fishes so I prefer a swimming pool and mainly one where I control my own chemical levels and clean it daily.