Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Password Managers

Personally, I'm using Keeper Password Manager at the moment and it's a very secure one. It has all the bells and whistles from 256 bit bank encryption to the option to erase your passwords if you get the Master Password incorrectly too many times. It's very customizable and overall a very good platform. I've also used 1Password and Safe In Cloud in the past and they're also very reliable and I've heard nothing but good things about Bitwarden (their premium plan is affordable at $10 per year and it's an open source platform that undergoes independent audit). Just as an fyi with Bitwarden, it does take quite a bit more time and effort to set up. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT use Lastpass - it constantly gets hacked, not very secure, very easy to use but their customer service is a pain - STAY AWAY from it. So what are your thoughts on Password Managers? Do you use them? If so, which one and what made you start using it?

complex passwords for my Bitwarden and Authy accounts. I keep printed out copies of the passwords at safe places at home, work, and in my physical wallet. I use two-factor authentication by a Yubikey, TOTP, and email to my Gmail account, which has Google Advanced Protection enabled.

Also, BW makes life a lot easier. Even if there were no security benefits, I would still use it. All the passwords auto-complete, and I don't have to remember a million passwords. I can change passwords when required without having to remember a new password.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have lastpass installed and also 1 more year left of the upgrade. And I think I may have to reduce the dependency of such type of the password managers these days.

I'd recommend that you change password manager - Lastpass is constantly getting hacked almost every year and is a huge security risk to your password info. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

complex passwords for my Bitwarden and Authy accounts. I keep printed out copies of the passwords at safe places at home, work, and in my physical wallet. I use two-factor authentication by a Yubikey, TOTP, and email to my Gmail account, which has Google Advanced Protection enabled.

Also, BW makes life a lot easier. Even if there were no security benefits, I would still use it. All the passwords auto-complete, and I don't have to remember a million passwords. I can change passwords when required without having to remember a new password.

Bitwarden is extremely safe in that it's constantly audited and given high security marks by the independent security auditors.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd recommend that you change password manager - Lastpass is constantly getting hacked almost every year and is a huge security risk to your password info. 

DASHLane is the only alternative as of now. I may have to see if I can use any other in near future too. Keypass is there but I have no idea if that would be good. 

On 7/16/2021 at 1:27 AM, skyfire said:

DASHLane is the only alternative as of now. I may have to see if I can use any other in near future too. Keypass is there but I have no idea if that would be good. 

You could try Bitwarden which has a lot of features for the free version and the the premium package is only $10 a year. It's just that I jumped to keeper password which is pretty good themselves and undergo security audits too but Bitwarden is highly recommended by almost everyone I know.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have to try out bitwarden assuming it's safe.. I have not done much reading on new password managers though so have to try it first hand. 

Bitwarden has been around since August 2016 but you should definitely go check it out.

52 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I would never do the book or the diary where I can write password if that comes into the hands of the wrong people that would be surely bad. 

Comes with padlock nowadays, I mean I have many people that I know do that. No no difference when you have another sey girl using your laptop and your passwords gets saved with Chrome/Edge and they get into your Gmail account.