Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Password Managers

On 7/25/2021 at 1:03 AM, skyfire said:

I never let the chrome and edge save my passwords. no matter my laptop home or office. logout means logout. 

So do I, I always save my passwords in my password manager and it always locks within 60 secs of inactivity. I also don't use the browser extensions for password managers because that's how hackers normally hack your account.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, skyfire said:

Problem is let's say after certain age the paper and the pen and saving passwords in a book are not going to serve a long term good purpose. 

The worst part is if you lose it in a fire or something or as simple as someone throwing it away accidentally, you'll be absolutely screwed.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:36 AM, skyfire said:

Indeed that has been my fear too. And that's why I go for the password manager. I have problem with information collection and retrieval as it is. 

The only way I'd have even considered writing down my passwords are if I had a super heavy safe at home with two methods to open it but I don't so that's why I keep it on a password manager.

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Alternative to keeping paper based passwords we can make use of the standard notes type of the app. 

https://standardnotes.com/

Thanks for pointing this out to me - I never knew this product existed. This is what I like about some of the more reliable open-source products, They fill a need without being expensive.

On 8/3/2021 at 3:57 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah they do have free version too if you want. Considering the notes are encrypted it is kind of useful on that part. 

I agree but I've found a few alternatives that do have more features on F-droid and has a mobile and Windows version that can sync with each other. The Open-source field is very interesting!

On 8/5/2021 at 1:52 AM, skyfire said:

Yes open source makes it easy to avoid those monthly payments scheme apps and saas apps. 

Not only that but in general, they're normally security audited so we can confirm that they're very secure compared to the average mainstream product.