Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Password Managers

On 9/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, Patrik said:

i personally don't, i just feel somehow unsecure if i use them since if their database gets leaked, not only one account of mine will be affected, but literally all of them

Seriously - It's actually why most people aren't comfortable with making use of Password Managers as a result of security breaches. 

On 9/23/2021 at 3:14 AM, Patrik said:

i personally don't, i just feel somehow unsecure if i use them since if their database gets leaked, not only one account of mine will be affected, but literally all of them

The alternative is even worse especially if you use a password on more than one website.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The alternative is even worse especially if you use a password on more than one website.

well yeah, that's the issue, using more than one password for different platforms and remembering it is a really tough task ._.

35 minutes ago, Patrik said:

well yeah, that's the issue, using more than one password for different platforms and remembering it is a really tough task ._.

Seriously, I used to make such mistakes and it cost me big time. Ever since then, I maintain only 2 passwords. 

For the most part I've stuck with good ol' paper and pen. I keep a notebook by my computer at all times. It's not a very secure method I know but it's the easiest for me. I do use Authy when websites require me to use it though.

2 hours ago, Sharon said:

For the most part I've stuck with good ol' paper and pen. I keep a notebook by my computer at all times. It's not a very secure method I know but it's the easiest for me. I do use Authy when websites require me to use it though.

Well, you at least have the right idea. The only thing I'd make sure is that the book is kept in a fireproof/waterproof safe and it has some kind of lock mechanism so that only certain people can access said passwords.

5 hours ago, Sharon said:

That can be a good option if you are not in office or the apartment house where you share or you leave the place. 

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

That can be a good option if you are not in office or the apartment house where you share or you leave the place. 

All she needs is a fireproof/waterproof safe to keep her passwords secure in the event of fire/flood/natural disaster.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:31 AM, killamch89 said:

Well, you at least have the right idea. The only thing I'd make sure is that the book is kept in a fireproof/waterproof safe and it has some kind of lock mechanism so that only certain people can access said passwords.

The only challenge that you would have with this strategy is not having access to the password when you're not where it's kept. 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:03 AM, killamch89 said:

All she needs is a fireproof/waterproof safe to keep her passwords secure in the event of fire/flood/natural disaster.

Yes that should work in home though not office. office and shared apartment are not safe places.