Register Now
killamch89

VPNs

Do you use them? If so, which ones do you recommend and why? Personally, I've used a number of VPNs over the years - from ExpressVpn, NordVpn, ProtonVpn to other lesser known ones like Mullvad Vpn and IPburger. For the most part, most are good for my needs when I want to get around geoblocking and censorship among other things. Currently I'm using Cyberghost Vpn for the pass week and it's speeds are really great and they have a lot servers and I only got it on a deal for $30 this year, they have a free trial period of 30 days and a 45 day money-back guarantee if you're not satisfied with their platform for whatever reason.

I can't access the netflix in some of the nations so I try to make use of the VPNs which specifically host nation specific VPN that has netflix bypass options. Though its getting harder. For games mostly I have not much luck. I want to download wild rift on one phone but the VPN are detected by riots game easily. 

I don't use VPN, well at the moment I do not. Since the cost each month that already adds up with my other bills and also you have to bypass to use other serives. I do have a VPN pain option in my Router that I never activated. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I can't access the netflix in some of the nations so I try to make use of the VPNs which specifically host nation specific VPN that has netflix bypass options. Though its getting harder. For games mostly I have not much luck. I want to download wild rift on one phone but the VPN are detected by riots game easily. 

You need to try lesser known quality ones like Cyberghost VPN, IPburger or Surfshark which all work very flawlessly. Having said that, your phone is normally tied to a region specific Google Play store so it doesn't matter if you change your IP, you still can't download the game because your device is registered to an unavailable region.

Here are some of the best vpns by category, in my opinion:

1. CyberGhost - best for torrenting and hacking (no logging, located in Romania)
  2. NordVPN - best for streaming and gaming (fastest)
  3. ExpressVPN- best for people who only want something for month-to-month
  4. SurfShark - cheapest VPN that's still decent

vpns I don't like

1. HMA - AVOID, dirty IPs cause search engines to ask you to fill out a captcha everytime you search, not fun
  2. EasyVPN - avoid it unless you want tons of malware
  3. Hola VPN - no privacy protection at all
  4. Opera free vpn - actually a web proxy, not a vpn, collects data about users and sells to third parties

On 7/16/2021 at 5:48 AM, Empire said:

Here are some of the best vpns by category, in my opinion:

1. CyberGhost - best for torrenting and hacking (no logging, located in Romania)
  2. NordVPN - best for streaming and gaming (fastest)
  3. ExpressVPN- best for people who only want something for month-to-month
  4. SurfShark - cheapest VPN that's still decent

vpns I don't like

1. HMA - AVOID, dirty IPs cause search engines to ask you to fill out a captcha everytime you search, not fun
  2. EasyVPN - avoid it unless you want tons of malware
  3. Hola VPN - no privacy protection at all
  4. Opera free vpn - actually a web proxy, not a vpn, collects data about users and sells to third parties

Cyberghost is actually up there with NordVPN for gaming and streaming. I agree about Opera VPN though and that pretty much goes for most free VPN outside of maybe ProtonVPN and Windscribe VPN.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:04 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I'm not an average user of VPNs, but when I need them, I stick with ProtonVPN.

It's free and has a *really* good service!

ProtonVPN is a top service but if possible, try and see if you could get one of the premium packages on a deal (best time to get it) so that you can enjoy the other security features that come with it.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree about Opera VPN though and that pretty much goes for most free VPN outside of maybe ProtonVPN and Windscribe VPN.

Opera VPN and firefox VPN are the worst. I have used them and they disconnect you often which is not worth it for the games. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Opera VPN and firefox VPN are the worst. I have used them and they disconnect you often which is not worth it for the games. 

In addition to that, Opera VPN is stealing your data and selling it to third-party companies so you should try out ProtonVPN - their servers are extremely secure.

Yes Opera, firefox, Hola or hulu and many others. they can't recover the free giving unless they are selling the data. plus their ads network target you based on local network and not foreign network so that shows you are kind of open to the target website to track. 

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes Opera, firefox, Hola or hulu and many others. they can't recover the free giving unless they are selling the data. plus their ads network target you based on local network and not foreign network so that shows you are kind of open to the target website to track. 

Yep - very true. This is why especially for essential services I always prefer to pay for it because it saves you in the long run.